Right front door speaker - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Right front door speaker

Have an issue with 08 right front door speaker not working. This happens when the door is opened and may not work for days thereafter. Then at random will work again perfectly for weeks at a time after opening and closing door.(seems like an intermitant broken wire). Does the door wire harness from kick panel to door have a connector harness in it(that you could remove without pulling door panel) or is it a solid wire harness right to the speaker? Tweeter always works. Thanks for help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 01:24 AM

In my opinion or according to my knowledge that you are right it is due to harness of connector.I also face this problem with my left door.
NEED A QUOTATION FOR EXHIBITION STANDS & DISPLAYS?

Last edited by Douglas; 10-21-2013 at 01:08 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 08:19 PM
ducky278

Angry same problem

I have the same issue with mine. Driver door and right rear speaker.... some day it will come on then many days later it will pop back on..... weird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky278 View Post
I have the same issue with mine. Driver door and right rear speaker.... some day it will come on then many days later it will pop back on..... weird
It seems that these factory speakers have a problem with dying. The G6 actually had a defective speaker not a harness problem. The driver's side front door speaker also started doing this. So, pulled both door panels and there was definetly signal coming from the head unit. Replaced both front door speakers and everything works great. I also have a 07 cobalt in our family and the same issue in the driver's side front door. Replaced speaker and now working great. Pretty much guaranteed your front door speaker is shot. Rear, if you have another speaker laying around mometarily connect it to your rear speaker when it isn't working and that will confirm what the issue is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in