Making Audio CD's for the G6 that show the name of the song - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Making Audio CD's for the G6 that show the name of the song

This might seem like a weird question but I have been using Roxio RecordNow Premier to burn CD's to play in my car. The only problem is the program is crap and crashes on most XP setups because it requires that you have some high end graphics card, which I don't understand since it's only for burning but this is what I found out from Roxio's forums themselves. Apparently, I'm not the only one using this crap program. I wanted to know if you guys (or gals) knew a program that lets you burn CD's and it actually show you the name of the song that's playing in the G6 Stereo? Only programs you have tested and know works please Thanks in advance.

(V)eGa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Addict

Nero, hit me up on aim if you want a copy.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Hey NBX, is this the newest version or an older version. I tried to stay away from the newer version since it comes with everything and the kitchen sink but I might have to give it a try as I never have known Nero to crash a PC like the new Roxio stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Addict

i have a copy of both but i do know that on the new one you can choose what you want to install
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

oh ok....I'm used to using the old Nero 6, not 7. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and I'll let you know if it did the trick for me Thanks

MeGa
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

yeah NBX, that did the trick. Thanks for the info man. That helps me out alot. It's also alot easier to me to customize the title of each song that will be displayed.

MeGa
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Addict

glad to help =)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 03:10 PM
RAM AIR!!

Send a message via AIM to coupe_gtp
I use iTunes to burn all my audio cds. If you select the option in the burning preferences it will show the artist, album, song name for all of the tracks.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

But Itunes is the worse POS app in the world. It's about as bad as Windows Media Player. I just got a new 80 GB Black Ipod and I use Winamp to do anything to my ipod.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Addict

I've got a really sweet windows explorer based program for the iPod called Anapod Explorer. Takes up hardly any resources and allows you to send and recieve data to and from your iPod. PM for a copy..
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (V)eGa
yeah NBX, that did the trick. Thanks for the info man. That helps me out alot. It's also alot easier to me to customize the title of each song that will be displayed.

MeGa
I just stumbled into this forum and have a question about burning CD's. Does the software you are using allow the title and artist to be displayed on a audio cd, not a MP3 cd, and does the G6 radio then display that information?

Thanks
Steve
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S/
I just stumbled into this forum and have a question about burning CD's. Does the software you are using allow the title and artist to be displayed on a audio cd, not a MP3 cd, and does the G6 radio then display that information?

Thanks
Steve
Hey Steve,

Yes, when you burn a audio CD using this software it will display the name of Album and Artist of the CD when you insert the CD and then it will display the name of the song for each track. The best thing to do is do like I do since the G6 Radio only shows the name of the song when you burn CD-TEXT, once you add the mp3 files to Nero, add the name of the artist to the name of the song also. This way you will see the Artist - Name of the Song.

Hope that helps

(V)eGa
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (V)eGa
Hey Steve,

Yes, when you burn a audio CD using this software it will display the name of Album and Artist of the CD when you insert the CD and then it will display the name of the song for each track. The best thing to do is do like I do since the G6 Radio only shows the name of the song when you burn CD-TEXT, once you add the mp3 files to Nero, add the name of the artist to the name of the song also. This way you will see the Artist - Name of the Song.

Hope that helps

(V)eGa
Thanks. I saw someone mentioned iTunes can do this also. If I can get it to work in iTunes, that avoids having to purchase additional software. I have a older version of Roxio, but I do not have it currently loaded, and don't like thier stuff anyway. If nero is the way to go, then I will go ahead and purchase it.
Thanks again.
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in