Quick Double-Din question - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

Quick Double-Din question

I plan on getting a double din radio that folds down. Here's the radio http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X550...FFDouble%40DIN

Is this possible to install since it has to flip to down in order for me to insert CD's?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1388910114867.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	7114  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

I have a 2008 g6 base sedan. Without monsoon

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 10:30 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Crutchfield says it'll fit, but it also says units with a fold down screen won't fit. I would contact them and make sure this fits. I don't see why it wouldn't. Looks like no matter how it opens it shouldn't get in the way. You'll also lose the dic in the process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 04:32 PM

It will fit. My Alpine IVA-W505 did the same thing and worked without any issues.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Coo thanx guys

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

another question. Im about to purchase this unit and i was asking the rep about this adapter that they say is absolutely necessary for the unit to work. I dont believe em though. its some kind of adapter for stuff i dont even use. check it out and lemme know what you guys think. i dont wanna spend 80 bucks on sumthin i dont need

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127OS31...er-reviews-tab
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 05:01 PM

Im in the process of doing the research for the double din unit and I have found the Metra kit that has the DIC for the double din, all the ones I have found are in the $230 price range. I just recently found a website that has it for $190. Here is the link for the page http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...FQjxOgodNEEA6w
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 07:12 PM

Ok so I bought the double din stereo I wanted. I'm up in the air about getting the dash kit that retains the DIC. I want to install the radio soo bad right now but for the dash kit, if I get the kit that doesn't have the DIC with it will the remote start still work? That's one of main concerns right now. That and finding a place that has the kit in stock to buy. I don't want to wait for stuff to come in the mail. I'm impatient. Also what is the part number for the wiring harness? I've looked through quite of bit of the forums and can't seem to find the info I'm looking for. Hopefully can chime in and help a noob out.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 11:30 AM

Adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsfinest43 View Post
another question. Im about to purchase this unit and i was asking the rep about this adapter that they say is absolutely necessary for the unit to work. I dont believe em though. its some kind of adapter for stuff i dont even use. check it out and lemme know what you guys think. i dont wanna spend 80 bucks on sumthin i dont need

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127OS31...er-reviews-tab
Well Boston I just put a DDin in my 2007 G6 I didn't won't to spin the money either, but I wanted it to be done right, and not worry about if the unit will be draining my battery or any other problems, I purchase the Metra 95-3303b unit because it has the longer harness and installed in my glove box, and everything is all good, now if you don't need the longer harness the 99-3303 cost less but is for the same purpose, hope this will help you, here is what mine looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	G6 Head Unit.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	7690   Click image for larger version

Name:	DIC box.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	7698  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in