6 Disc Swap - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

6 Disc Swap

Did some searching but no answers found. I just bought a 08 G6 I want to swapout the single disc radio HU for a 6 disc version. Aside from unlocking the new radio are the harnesses the same? I am not changing anything else just the HU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopcj7 View Post
Did some searching but no answers found. I just bought a 08 G6 I want to swapout the single disc radio HU for a 6 disc version. Aside from unlocking the new radio are the harnesses the same? I am not changing anything else just the HU
Not sure.. I believe depending on the radio and if you have XM radio the antenna connectors are different and the main harness may be different as well. I would go ask the dealership.

On a side note... my brother has a 2007 G6 and wants to upgrade to a 2008 single disc player with the aux input in the front of the radio for an MP3 player. However, we are not certain if a 2008 radio will work in a 2007.

Last edited by 08G6; 01-05-2008 at 09:01 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopcj7 View Post
probably not ... it might not have the electronics to work properly ... i'd say try it ... i know a radio from a G6 with a aux input won't work with the one that doesn't have aux import ... so ... you can try ... i wouldn't though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in