Radio - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Want subs with stock face help plz

I have a stock radio. I really dont know that much but is it possible to get subs and an amp without changing the stock face. I dont want to because i have a lease. If so please help me out thank you. I have a 2007 gt g6 coupe

Last edited by Fino; 03-16-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 03:52 PM

i dont think you'll find that answer here lol....i asked at the beginning of march and no one seems to know lol...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 02:52 PM

I currently have my subs running with the stock radio but it took alot of cussing and rigging to get them going. I had to splice the rear speaker wires and hook an adapter to them to get the RCAs hooked up. I then had to take apart the driver side kickplate, find a green wire, in the mess of wires located there, expose it, and connect my remote wire to it. The rest is fairly simple. Run your power wire up through the driver firewall and connect it to the battery. As long as everything is hooked up on your amp, you should have bass. There is a post somewhere on here that gives you pictures and better instructions. I'll try to find it for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 12:01 PM

whitelightning05 has the right idea. But that way though easier to understand and hook up(i used to install system's for a living), is the old school way of doing thing's. These car manufacture's have improved factory sound but is still limited. And it all start's at the head unit. It made to protect your factory speaker's. So when you hook up an amp to the rear speaker's it's controlled through ur head unit and is highly influenced by the bass and treble controls. Your best bet is to purchase a sound processor. I bought the MTX re-Q and it's a miracle worker. Right now Crutchfield.com has it cheaper than when I bought it from there but it's the same one. Even though it's inexpensive it's really good. I'm used to have the big 12's and 15's but since I bought my 07 g6 I didn't want a huge box limiting my trunk space. So I bought the powered Visonic 12" sub that already come's in a box with an amp from walmart(yes walmart). It's only rated at 250 watts, but that's RMS power which is true power. I only have one cause my wife dosen't like the big bang but it's still a good choice especially hooked up to that sound processor and the woofer is only 50 buck's already installed in a nice box and the amp built into the box as well. You can very easily install two. You still need the wire coming from the batt. for each one but it's a good inexpensive to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in