DVD Player for G6? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

Question DVD Player for G6?

Hi, I just bought my 08 G6, and I have 2 little girls (2&3). I have those cheesy dvd players that velcro to the headrest right now *blush*, and i would like something mor permanent. I was hoping for the permanent headrest ones or even an overhead dvd or something . I do not want one for the front that comes out of the stereo, i need those vents to be open to keep my girls either warm or cool. I am soooo new to vehicles, and i am sriously lost in all of the discussions here. I do not understand "metra install" or anything like that. However...I now I have the DIC, OnStar, steering wheel controls and the sunroof (I dunno if that helps or not). Just to let ya know (again, dunno if it makes a difference or not), i have the black cloth interior.

Honestly, I LOVE the DIC! I am just amazed that a car can get 35mpg on the hiway! (I came from an 01 pathfinder that was getting like 14mpg) Please, if someone has some advice, i would really appreciate it. Also, I live in a really small town (3500 ppl) in Saskatchewan Canada (If that makes any difference either). I have done research ont he internet and also gone to the G6perf site as well with no luck

Thanks so much!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 07:18 PM

You may want to look into buying the headrests with the dvd player built into them. Another option is the headrest with the lcd monitors and have it hooked up to a standalone mobile dvd player. Thats the way I had mine hooked up before I bought a indash unit.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation

hmmm...ok that sounds great...thanks for the advice...just one more question though...do you know where to find them? I really don't care about the fabric, I would just like it to be black. Currently my G6 is that ebony fabric

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 07:27 PM

You can look on ebay, crutchfield, or any other online car stereo retailer. You may also want to try a local car audio/video shop and see what they have to offer.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 04:14 AM

This is the one we have,have a look of them:
http://www.onvon.com/player-headrest....html?skey=c02
Just choose what you like after register
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 08:39 PM

I prefer the headrest thingy, you know benefit for your friends or family members on the back seat and no disturbance to the driver there, useful one. Want to know more details about its installation, you know it is so dear to ask a master.

Last edited by Droptop Diamond; 11-16-2011 at 10:06 PM. Reason: just takin' out the SPAM :-D
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

And even more dear to ask a SPAMmer

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in