Sirius XM radio - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Sirius XM radio

Is there a possibility I can get Sirius on my aftermarket ken wood flat screen I put in my g6? Or do I have to buy a whole separate Sirius compatible radio?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 09:38 AM

I thought all "modern" radios were sat. capable?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 09:40 AM

Don't know about the Kenwood, you would likely need to contact them for model specific information. One thing to consider is the antenna. On the stock system I believe there is a shark fin on the roof of the sedan and for the convertible there is a squarish blob in the center of trunk lid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer View Post
Don't know about the Kenwood, you would likely need to contact them for model specific information. One thing to consider is the antenna. On the stock system I believe there is a shark fin on the roof of the sedan and for the convertible there is a squarish blob in the center of trunk lid.
On my 2007 convertibles there's a black rubber antenna on the drivers side rear quarter panel.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
On my 2007 convertibles there's a black rubber antenna on the drivers side rear quarter panel.
My understanding is that this is for the analogue (AM/FM) signal. Mine has the Monsoon system with factory XM. I have the rubber antenna and the blob in the middle of the trunk.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Old far...er...tinkerer..

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docata View Post
Is there a possibility I can get Sirius on my aftermarket ken wood flat screen I put in my g6? Or do I have to buy a whole separate Sirius compatible radio?
What model Kenwood is it? If I can look up the manual on the web, I can give you some specifics.

Generally speaking, most aftermarket radios have a proprietary interface and also a simple aux in. I've used stand-alone satellite receivers (ie, with their own controls and display) connected to the aux in. This works well if you have a separate docking station. I can take mine out of the car and move it to the docking station in the garage and listen to ball games while I'm working no my old beaters

With the proprietary input, you use an embedded satellite receiver for Kenwoods. (It goes in the trunk or under the seat or maybe in the dash). Its controls are accessed thru the radio. As far as I know, this is all you get with a "satellite-ready" aftermarket radio - you'll still need a separate satellite receiver and antenna.

HTH.

Doug

Last edited by plano_doug; 10-01-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in