Aftermarket Radio Help - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Aftermarket Radio Help

Yeah, im doing a lot of aftermarket work to my car which includes, brand new paint job, body kit, a lot of engine and interior work. The only thing im stuck on is what to do with this piece of crap stock deck. Im wanting to put a aftermarket Pioneer deck into it and some JL Audio speakers but i dont know what to do about this computer. I keep on seeing i almost have to buy the Metra DIC 99-3303 ( http://www.metraonline.com/productsl.aspx?s=99-3303 ). The thing seems like junk. Doesnt match the car and i read nothing but bad reviews. so my question is 1 do i have to buy that and 2 if i do have to have a replacement for the computer is there a better one. I know Scoche used to make it and it looked like it was perfect but they stopped producing. so if someone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

- john
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 09:36 PM

"The thing seems like junk."

Mine works great, and so do one owned by many other people. I was skeptical at first, and even though the LCD color doesn't match the red of the rest of the interior lights, I'm happy with it.

"do i have to buy that"

No. You don't have to buy anything you don't want to. Metra offers other kits for the G6, but you'll lose the DIC info without the 99-3303.

"I know Scoche used to make it and it looked like it was perfect but they stopped producing."

You can still find it by searching Google or eBay. However all the reviews I've seen on this forum at g6performance.com show that the Metra kit is preferred.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in