Remote Start/alarm - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Remote Start/alarm

if anyone has any ?s on remote starts and alarms give me a shout

Assistant Store/Sales Manager for Mickey Shorr (car audio/video/remote start & alarms/window tinting)

if my system is too loud then YOUR TOO OLD!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 07:52 AM

will the remote start cause battery problems?

I'm Melanie from Las Vegas..
I bought my 06 G6 GTP in Dec. 07. I had a dead battery twice this week and someone told me that using the remote start is not good for your car and will cause battery problems. Is this true ? Or has my battery just had it's life, and it's over? I have 38, 000 mi. on the car. Maintenance free battery, so I can't even check the fluid in it..Everything ..lights and stuff go out automatically so it isn't because I've left anything on...Help
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

using a remote starter is not going to cause problems for the battery. the power that a remote start system draws is to small to affect it. it draws about the same or less then the radio uses to store your preset stations

go get your battery tested. if the battery checks out then check the charging system in the car too.

Assistant Store/Sales Manager for Mickey Shorr (car audio/video/remote start & alarms/window tinting)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

oh by the way i use my remote start every day in my car and in every other car i have owned and have never had a problem

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 07:43 AM

remote start

Thanks for your help...I LOVE the remote start. Just trying to figure out why my battery went dead...It's back working fine. All volts are good...alt. is "amping" right...guess it was a fluke.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

i have been hearing that the stock batteries in these cars are not very strong but if your car is all stock as far as accesories or amps and stereo equipment go than they are fine

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:36 PM

hey i want to put my alarm/ remote start i had in my old grand prix in my 07 G6 what kind of bypass should i get?
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 08:51 AM

Alarm!

I guess the battery went dead in my remote for the car...so I have to lock and unlock in manually, but everytime I unlock the door and open it, the alarm goes off! I live in a really crowded area, and have to leave early, I can't have everyone waking up every morning because of my car :-( I've already gotten complaints...
How can I disable the alarm?
I already tried putting a new battery in the remote itself...but it still doesn't work. I can't afford to get a whole new thing right now, so I need a temporary way to disable the alarm...or something?!
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Jeremy

Send a message via AIM to Jreays
I would like to put an alarm in my car, I have factory remote start. Is there a way to install an alarm but keep the same remote?
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Hey GTHOTChick87...You can disable your alarm in the DIC if Im not mistaken.
Do you still have your manual? If not I will look it up for you.

What year is your car Jreays?

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 02:41 PM

Every time I try to use my remote start all it does is beep at me 3 times. the check engine light is not on...i checked to make sure that the remote start was enabled but have had no luck getting it started...any ideas??
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 06:01 PM

Lampoon

Thanks for the reply :-)
What is the DIC?
I did look in the manual, but everything that it said to do required the remote, and did not work for me. I may have not done something right, who knows. But I don't believe it said anything about how to disable the alarm without the remote itself. If I wasn't broke I would just go get a new remote from a dealer, but I need a temporary fix for now...
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 12:15 AM

Jaime - check out

http://www.ikeyless.com/vehicle_search

I just bought a 2nd key and a 2nd remote. I have yet to take them to GM to get them programed, but I spent like $56 or there abouts' for (both items) vs. buying elsewhere!

Owner: 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl) -Fully Loaded!
Oh, Married and a mommy to four kids under 7!
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 04:52 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

You can program the key yourself. Remote needs a dealer.

The DIC is your computer. Its in your radio. You dont need the remote to disable the alarm in the DIC.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 05:24 PM

Thank you to Daygon and Eyad!! I finally just took my car to the dealer and it turned out that my remotes were faulty so they replaced both of them and reprogrammed everything! Luckily it was all under warranty. So again thank you especially since the weather here in chicago is getting into the 20's!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in