using an ipod with factory radio - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

using an ipod with factory radio

This may have come up before but is there a way to hook up an ipod to the factory radio in a G6 other then using one of those I-trip things. I mean is there a way to connect it on the rear of the radio (AUX input). Probably not but its worth a shot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asonofabeach69 View Post
This may have come up before but is there a way to hook up an ipod to the factory radio in a G6 other then using one of those I-trip things. I mean is there a way to connect it on the rear of the radio (AUX input). Probably not but its worth a shot.
Depending on which head unit your car has (newer ones have front aux inputs) it could be as easy as getting a double sided 3.5 headphone cable and plugging it in that way. But in my case since i don't have that head unit and really didn't want to mess with wiring and ripping out my stereo, I just got a relativley expensive fm transmitter that works really well with the car. And depending on how much money you want to spend, you could buy a whole head unit off eBay or something and replace your stereo with that one which has an aux jack...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

I think integrated solutions makes an adapter. It costs about the same as upgrading
your stereo to the 08+ model w/aux though.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 12:18 AM

Post Solution: AUX Inputs

I know this thread is kinda old but I needed I place to share what I know about the subject. I was plagued with the same problems as most people when it comes to AUX inputs for the 2005 monsoon stereo or rather the lack of inputs. So I decided to go with the uPAC-GM11B Audio adapter and it was a very easy install. It was not difficult but time consuming because you have to take apart the lower dash to gain access to the back of the radio. however I followed the 'how to' instruction off the forum and it was simple. With this product you have full control of your iPod from your stereo and steering wheel controls. Also displays song/artist info on factory stereo DIN(or whatever the name of the screen is called). It can switch through the input using the 'Band' button.

It has:
-RCA right & left inputs
-3.5mm input
-Ipod connect input jack

In retrospect it may not have been the cheapest solution but it certainly sounds good. I will always encourage people to do their research though as you might find something better.

Black 2005 Pontiac G6 GT: (SOLD)
Mods: uPAC-GM11B Aux Input, red painted calipers, Black Arrowhead overlays, and CRAB Intakes.
Orange 1971 Ford F-100 Sport Custom:
Completely Stock -302ci
Silver 2010 GMC Sierra GFX edition: (SOLD)
Stock
Granite 2015 Chrysler 200c
Stock
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 12:48 PM

Will the uPAC-GM11B work with the single disc Monsoon stereo?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 07:34 AM
GTP 06

Send a message via MSN to maykevin5
got mine ordered. $104.00 can't wait. According to the instructions, If you have a XM button "or" a BAND button it will work.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 09:33 PM

Cords

Where did you put the box and the cords? Can you upload some pics please?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 09:18 PM

For the longest my solution to this was to cut the XM radio input and hard wire a headphone jack in its place. This pass week I ponder turning on my XM radio on again so I installed a DPDT switch and mounted it in the top part of the cubby next to the cigarette lighter port. Now when the radio is in the XM band I can switch over to the headphone jack to listen to my Samsung Epic whenever I want.

Might not be the cleanest install but I refuse to pay $100 to get an AUX input when I can do it for under $10. I'll post a how to when I finish putting everything together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in