Want a new radio - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Want a new radio

I currently have a 06 G6 Sedan with the 6 disc changer installed. I would like to be able to listen to my iphone in the car since I have a 2 hr commute everyday. I have been looking around on this site and crutchfield trying to find a new radio. I noticed alot of people are installing the replacement info center by metra. I think it looks very ugly. Do I need that? The only thing I reason use the info center for now is fuel range and oil life but could always track that by my overal mileage. Will a double sized dash open radio fit? I have been looking at Pioneer FH-P8000BT. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has some pictures who could recomend any steros it would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 03:04 PM
I own a silver G6!

well there is the Metra, but there is also this Scosche here. http://www.scosche.com/products/productID/483

but I think on that pioneer it may fit, says so on the site when you plug in the car information. Just you might need a mounting system for it anyway. not sure.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

has anyone used the scosche unit? I would like to see what it looks like in the dash, anyone have pictures?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 09:00 AM
I own a silver G6!

I haven't but I am thinking of getting it...

Here is a pic from a member by the name of "Freeway"
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

do you like it? Doesn't look to bad from the picture, was it tough to install? What does it say on the screen? What does the button under enter do? Also what color does is light up the screen with, sorry to hit you with a million questions.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

sorry I just read you message that this wasn't yours
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Check ur PM for all the answers to the universe.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 01:20 PM

Did you end up installing the pioneer without the info center? I really want to do this because I think the info center is ugly too and I don't mind losing the features but will this work properly??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in