help with stereo - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation help with stereo

Ok so this is my first time in forum. HI to Every one. i have a lil problem with my stereo. i have an 05 Pontiac GT G6. well my battery drain out and the car would not start. so i recharged it using connectors with another car. well when it finaly came back to life the stereo started doing this craking noise. i had 6 cds incerted in the stereo but the stereo shows non. every time i press the load key i here the beep but it wont take any cd in. but it wont eject either it says no cd lol. so i remove the fuse and what happen bam locked!!! so i try to remove and put back on the fuse and the locked screen went away but i still cant put cds or take them out. and it looks like a wite bar is covering the cd entrance. radio still works but is there a way to fix this with out going to dealership.. sorry if eany miss spell words.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIRDSHOCK View Post
Ok so this is my first time in forum. HI to Every one. i have a lil problem with my stereo. i have an 05 Pontiac GT G6. well my battery drain out and the car would not start. so i recharged it using connectors with another car. well when it finaly came back to life the stereo started doing this craking noise. i had 6 cds incerted in the stereo but the stereo shows non. every time i press the load key i here the beep but it wont take any cd in. but it wont eject either it says no cd lol. so i remove the fuse and what happen bam locked!!! so i try to remove and put back on the fuse and the locked screen went away but i still cant put cds or take them out. and it looks like a wite bar is covering the cd entrance. radio still works but is there a way to fix this with out going to dealership.. sorry if eany miss spell words.
Welcome to the club!
You say you tried to remove^^^^, remove what?

Oh amd misspeeled worsd or my speshalty

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

you say you tried to remove^^^^, remove what?

so i try to remove and put back on the fuse

sorry misplace words. i meant to say i remove the fuse and put it back on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 08:23 PM
` Colleen =)

Send a message via AIM to cmurphy725
Quote:
you say you tried to remove^^^^, remove what?

so i try to remove and put back on the fuse

sorry misplace words. i meant to say i remove the fuse and put it back on.
Why dont you want to take it to the dealership, is your car not under warranty anymore? Your radio may have taken a crap. I've seen a few repair orders with a few G6's that have done the same thing before.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurphy725 View Post
Why dont you want to take it to the dealership, is your car not under warranty anymore? Your radio may have taken a crap. I've seen a few repair orders with a few G6's that have done the same thing before.
I bought the car in 2004 and it only has 3 year warranty so yeah its prity much over i just think its going to be to s pensive to repair in dealership.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 08:52 AM
` Colleen =)

Send a message via AIM to cmurphy725
Quote:
I bought the car in 2004 and it only has 3 year warranty so yeah its prity much over i just think its going to be to s pensive to repair in dealership.
The only wau to fix it is probably to get a new radio. That is usually what they do.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Wink

you bought the 2005 in 2004?

Yeah....I would disconnect the battery and see what happens.
My 05 cd changer didnt last every long either.

I bought an 08 to replace it so I could have the aux. I also bought the
single cd one so I wouldnt have changer issues again. With the aux I can
iPod it so I dont need all the disks anyways.

Installed it myself then took it to the dealer for some Tech2 (laptop) time to
program it to the car. Been working great ever since.

Cost me $256 shipped for the radio and $80 at teh dealership. I found out later another dealership was less than half that price so shop around for Tech2 time at the different dealerships cause they charge differently.

Anyway....Im happy. The dealership learned something too. They said it couldnt be done. I proved them wrong.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in