Want to avoid the pesky XM $14.99 activation fee? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Love my commute!

Want to avoid the pesky XM $14.99 activation fee?

Simply enter promo code

XMSCION03

Activation will be free. After a bit of searching I felt that fellow G6 owners could also benefit from this.

Also, if you call the company and ask to get a 50% off the price of a year's full subscription and that you want the extra discount for putting a credit card on file, you can get a full year of complete XM radio for around $60 or so. You can call each and every year and insist on getting this price or else you'll drop your radio. Just tell them your friend got the same deal and that you want it too and that you just don't listen to XM enough to warrant subscribing unless you save 50%.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3ap0n-x View Post
Simply enter promo code

XMSCION03

Activation will be free. After a bit of searching I felt that fellow G6 owners could also benefit from this.

Also, if you call the company and ask to get a 50% off the price of a year's full subscription and that you want the extra discount for putting a credit card on file, you can get a full year of complete XM radio for around $60 or so. You can call each and every year and insist on getting this price or else you'll drop your radio. Just tell them your friend got the same deal and that you want it too and that you just don't listen to XM enough to warrant subscribing unless you save 50%.
I'm sure a lot of people here will use this, but this is one reason Sirius XM is close to filing for bankruptcy...If you like the service then pay for it, and avoid unethical practices...
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Love my commute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeddie View Post
I'm sure a lot of people here will use this, but this is one reason Sirius XM is close to filing for bankruptcy...If you like the service then pay for it, and avoid unethical practices...
If I ran a laptop in the car as a trap or something I could see that being unethical...but using a promo code that the company puts out there for people to use is simply the same as me dumpster diving for newspapers with coupons for Corn Flakes. If you want want to pay full price...then have at it I suppose. I will choose to do something else with my money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:13 AM

Using the promo for activation is not the unethical part I'm talking about, and if the code does work that is indeed a good find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3ap0n-x View Post
You can call each and every year and insist on getting this price or else you'll drop your radio. Just tell them your friend got the same deal and that you want it too and that you just don't listen to XM enough to warrant subscribing unless you save 50%.
This is the part. Trying to dictate your own price for their service and lying that your friend just got the same deal is not cool and is a selfish thing to do.

I always loved dealing with customers that have the mentality "give X to me at 50% off price Y or i'm going somewhere else to do the same thing to them"
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Love my commute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeddie View Post
Using the promo for activation is not the unethical part I'm talking about, and if the code does work that is indeed a good find.

This is the part. Trying to dictate your own price for their service and lying that your friend just got the same deal is not cool and is a selfish thing to do.

I always loved dealing with customers that have the mentality "give X to me at 50% off price Y or i'm going somewhere else to do the same thing to them"
It's called a free market. Also, your argument is moronic. Let's say, for instance, all 3 million XM radio subscribers were getting the max service and then demanded this discount AND avoided the activation fee. This comes to about $276 million. More realistically, they are probably only losing $1 or $2 million to this deal/coupon/whatever.

The REASON this company is going bankrupt is because they piss away $100 million to that moron Howard Stern and other money pits that don't draw near the subscribers they think. That's ONE idiot that takes up 1/3 of the MAXIMUM amount of money that could be lost if every single customer ordered the max service.

Calling people selfish for saving some money getting a service they could just as easily live without (especially in this day and age) is completely and utterly retarded. Let's put it this way...if I'd have had to pay the activation fee, I wouldn't have ordered the service. Period. If people don't get the discount and then cancel their service...well that's all that much more money that Sirius XM won't be getting.

If you want to focus on someone doing something wrong on a car related forum then go harrass street racers or people who put those Buick vents on the front fenders of their Aveo. Otherwise stop spit-shining your halo.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 09:46 AM

OK 1st, a Disclaimer;
I had XM years ago 2003 - 2008, until it got to be too much like Top 40 PHM.
And I'm not criticising anything posted previously.

Just for giggles and grins, I called to "see what was available, since the car I just bought has XM in it".

There's nothing like talking to someone that can hardly speak English, let alone understand it. Strike 1

The CSR asked for my name, I told her I wasn't interested in giving out personal information, I was only interested in getting some information. Then she repeated everything I said (that was actually funny). Strike 2

I was told there's a $14.95 activation fee - no matter what. Strike 3

If anyone knows how to speak directly with customer service that's located in the U.S. or Canada, I'd appreciate knowing how.

Anyone want to swap a Monsoon w/XM for one w/o it?
Hmm how do I get rid of the antenna hole in the roof? lol

Last edited by 05Glide; 02-25-2009 at 10:52 AM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 10:00 AM
GTP 06

Send a message via MSN to maykevin5
Ya, i got xm I really don't feel like dealing with service about 14$
leave the antenna, they aren't the expensive to buy at dealer
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Glide View Post
The CSR asked for my name, I told her I wasn't interested in giving out personal information, I was only interested in getting some information. Then she repeated everything I said (that was actually funny).

Wait, let me be sure I understand this;
She asked for your name and you said "I wasn't interested in giving out personal information, I was only interested in getting some information." then she repeted that comment? Like she didn't understand you but thought all of that was your name?

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.

Last edited by geewhiz; 02-25-2009 at 11:09 AM.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Love my commute!

Yeah...and it's my method of getting a cheaper price that is bankrupting them.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 04:25 AM

Hi,

Yes and that was actually the short version.

Me "... I was only interested in getting some information".

CSR " Sir, I understand you aren't interested in giving me your name and only want some information, is that correct"?

Me "Yes, and there is no need to repeat what I say".

CSR "Sir, I only repeated what you said to make sure I understood what you said. I asked for your name so I may address you by name".

Me "Don't worry about my name, you'll provide customer service if you simply answer my questions".

CSR "Sir, I will be happy to provide customer service by answering your questions".

There were a few more back and forths, before we finally got to the $14.95, but you get the idea.

I'm considering calling today and seeing what happens. I love a good laugh.

Regards,

Dave
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 05:23 AM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Glide View Post
Hi,

Yes and that was actually the short version.

Me "... I was only interested in getting some information".

CSR " Sir, I understand you aren't interested in giving me your name and only want some information, is that correct"?

Me "Yes, and there is no need to repeat what I say".

CSR "Sir, I only repeated what you said to make sure I understood what you said. I asked for your name so I may address you by name".

Me "Don't worry about my name, you'll provide customer service if you simply answer my questions".

CSR "Sir, I will be happy to provide customer service by answering your questions".

There were a few more back and forths, before we finally got to the $14.95, but you get the idea.

I'm considering calling today and seeing what happens. I love a good laugh.

Regards,

Dave

Tell her your name is Jafarizque Lebizenski. See if she addresses you by that name

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 05:54 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

I never had these issues and I love my XM/Serius.
My activation was free as it was already activated
for one year with the purchase of the car.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampoon View Post
I never had these issues and I love my XM/Serius.
My activation was free as it was already activated
for one year with the purchase of the car.
Murphy was my uncle.

When I dropped XM last year, I had a heck of a time getting the credit due all str8.

I finally had to file a dispute with the credit card company. It was eventually fixed.

FWIW, a buddy of mine is on XM and it's really tough NOT listening, but I had to "make a statement" about my dis-satisfaction with the changes in formats and then the messed-up credit card billing.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 06:55 AM

FWIW, I tried the XMSCION03 and it was reported as no longer valid.

Thanks Anyway
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Love my commute!

Holy crap...they deactivated it in 3 days?

Try a google search for codes before buying anything online. I once got 50% off a Dell Ultrasharp by stackable coupons. Paid the equivalent of a 20" monitor for a 24" monitor. I'm like the blue-haired giant purse lady in the grocery store when it comes to shopping online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in