Aftermarket stereo install without D.I.C.? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Aftermarket stereo install without D.I.C.?

Can I install an aftermarket Stereo in a 2005 G6 without the D.I.C. without causing any problems with the computer like a check engine light and if so what harness would you recomend and is there anything else I would need like a door chime relay? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

To my knowledge it will not cause any problems other than you will no longer have
access to the DIC information.

Shouldnt have any CEL's.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Lampoon. Does anybody know of a good wiring harness without the D.I.C.? I was looking at the C2R-GM11b PAC wiring harness because it has the GM R.A.P. line and the door chimes, does anybody know if this is a good harness or not?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 02:23 PM
GTP 06

Send a message via MSN to maykevin5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampoon View Post
To my knowledge it will not cause any problems other than you will no longer have
access to the DIC information.

Shouldnt have any CEL's.
or reset oil life. Guess that's a big one if your still under warranty. but I've heard about pressing gas pedal to the floor 3 times in 5 seconds will do it. prob is you don't want oil life to get below 18% to risk not loosing your warranty. But being a 05 i'm sure warranty is out. So if you change every 3000 miles you'd be fine.

Last edited by maykevin5; 08-03-2009 at 02:25 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykevin5 View Post
or reset oil life. Guess that's a big one if your still under warranty. but I've heard about pressing gas pedal to the floor 3 times in 5 seconds will do it. prob is you don't want oil life to get below 18% to risk not loosing your warranty. But being a 05 i'm sure warranty is out. So if you change every 3000 miles you'd be fine.
I bought the car in november from the dealer with a 1-Year 12,000 mile warranty so I think maby I will try the gas pedal thing but if that doesnt work than I'll just wait to replace the stereo until the warranty is up before I mess with the radio. Thanks though because I did'nt think about the oil life thing because would'nt my change oil light come on and stay on if I cant reset it?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 10:38 PM
GTP 06

Send a message via MSN to maykevin5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrunner0 View Post
I bought the car in november from the dealer with a 1-Year 12,000 mile warranty so I think maby I will try the gas pedal thing but if that doesnt work than I'll just wait to replace the stereo until the warranty is up before I mess with the radio. Thanks though because I did'nt think about the oil life thing because would'nt my change oil light come on and stay on if I cant reset it?
I think the oil light comes on if its low on oil. the DIC oil life is always above 3000 miles anyway. If you monitor your miles you should be fine.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykevin5 View Post
I think the oil light comes on if its low on oil. the DIC oil life is always above 3000 miles anyway. If you monitor your miles you should be fine.
Ya I always get a windshield sticker when I get mine changed because you cant truct the D.I.C. Oil Life. I tried the Gas pedal thing and it worked, I was really surprised to see that the process was actually in my service manual. So as long as I reset it every time I change my oil I should be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in