Rear Speakers no Bass - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Rear Speakers no Bass

I am stuck in an unusual situation, I have a 2006 G6 base with the V6. However my interior displays are 2010, I have the 2010 gauges, radio, and climate control. Recently the Bass in my rear speakers have stopped working when they are balanced evenly. If I force the balance either all the way to the left, or the right, the individual rear speaker will have Bass, when they are both supposed to be working no Bass. All other audio still goes through speakers. Any ideas? I did all the above modifications myself and had to create a method for the radio to work, I'm open to try anything that could work. To my knowledge there is no amp in the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 07:34 PM

Could you have reversed the polarity to one of the speakers? If this has happened the speakers would be moving in opposing directions and could somewhat cancel each other out when working together.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

It was working fine for about a week, but I will double check my wiring and flop things around and see what happens. If it doesn't work I'm planning on tracing the rear speaker wires from the radio all the way back to see if there is an extra connection that may have come lose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Well I figured out my issue. I guess the previous owner decided to have some speaker work done and they made a bridge in the speaker wire about half way to the back of the car. Well whoever did it didn't do to well because on of the connections was shorting on the car which to what I could tell was cutting the bass. I rewired from the speaker to the radio harness I made and is working flawlessly again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in