No Bass on right side -Tweeter works - Pontiac G6 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mooncatt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

No Bass on right side -Tweeter works

Hi, 2010 G6 - I have had it for 3 months. There is zero sound out of the back right speaker and only the tweeter works in the right door.

A) last guy blew out the speakers.
B) problem with wiring - 2015 Totaled - I bought it on Salvage Title - Deer hit front right.
C) Amp problem on right side bass channel.

Called a local guy: he thinks probably Amp. To find out it is $65 an hour. If Amp he could not fix it. Suggested the manufacturer/dealer look at it. [Dealer? No way]

What do you think? I have read a thread about all audio out on one side and an answer was to check for broken wiring at the door hinge. Think wear and tear could skip the tweeter? Though, that would not account for the back.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Addition: Just read about back speakers: I thought that they were just woofers, but, now see "4 wires for bass and for mid range". I get right side tweeter but zero out of right side rear.

Now more confused than ever.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 10:58 PM

I know this thread is a bit old, but I just joined the site and figured I'd drop a reply in case you were still wondering about this. It's very possible that a woofer could be blown without the tweeter getting taken out too. Tweeters tend to be somewhat protected by the manufacturers from audio extremes because they are delicate and would blow easily. High frequencies also aren't near as demanding on the mechanics as low frequencies are. I'm dealing with this myself on my G6, with two blown front door woofers but the tweeters are ok.

In my car, I'm most likely going to convert to a set of coaxials or maybe components with tweeters located near the woofer. Whatever the case, I'm going to just flat disconnect the factory tweeters when I get at it. Factory equipment usually sounds dull compared to quality aftermarket stuff, so leaving the factory tweeter would just hurt overall sound quality.
Viewerx likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in