Aftermarket Radio instalation - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Aftermarket Radio instalation

Hi, Every one, I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT, and I am replacing the factory head unit, i put in the wiring to get the radio to power on, i noticed after connecting everything, their is still a connection thats not connected which I do not know where it goes.
The picture shows that the blue color is for the radio inputs, but what is the dark color one for, PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190218_153624.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	13739   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	57
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	13741  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 01:41 PM

The smaller connector is for the Driver Information Center that was displayed on your original factory audio unit. This gave you driver alerts (door ajar, etc.), trip meters, oil change info, customized settings like unlocking the doors when you shift to Park and horn chirps for remote lock/unlock. Leaving this disconnected probably won't affect drivability, but you better be happy with your current setting because you won't be able to change them.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisgrigg View Post
The smaller connector is for the Driver Information Center that was displayed on your original factory audio unit. This gave you driver alerts (door ajar, etc.), trip meters, oil change info, customized settings like unlocking the doors when you shift to Park and horn chirps for remote lock/unlock. Leaving this disconnected probably won't affect drivability, but you better be happy with your current setting because you won't be able to change them.

I Appreciate this info

Mines is somehow stuck behind the heater core/ ac Evaporator box how can I get it free or replace it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 12:41 PM

Wiring diagram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in