In dash dvd - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

In dash dvd

So I have a 05 G6 GT and I'm thinkin about buying an in dash dvd player. I know that I want an ipod ready, 7in monitor, and with blu tooth. Any ideas of what brand and where I can find it. Also what other parts do I need to purchase in order to install it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 05:16 PM
2006 Black G6 GT

I would recommend this one.. Its the one i have and i love it.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVHP...All=N&tp=20217

You dont need to purchase anything else to install it or what not, crutchfield gives it all to you. you do need to make sure you buy the bluetooth add-on.
If you want to see how it looks in dash just take a peek.

2006 G6 GT
Mods so far: Black arrow overlays, Chrome recessed grilles, Blue LED license plate light, Blue LED reverse lights, Smoked tails, 20% Tint all around, Red led's for the interior, White led dome and map lights.
Sound System: 4 Infinity Kappa component speakers, 2 Amps (950w total) and 2 10" Kenwood KFC subwoofers, 7" touch screen Pioneer DVD

Performance: Mobile 1 oil, Mobile 1 oil filter
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Michigan G6er

ensur3- does your new monitor still have the trip and oil life and the other data like stock one?

Pontac G6 Sedan 3.5L
Exterior- 8000k HIDS lows, 8000k HIDs fog lights, 20% window tint, Tinted taillights, painted grilles (top and bottom) to match, Custom painted engine cover and battery box, Red painted calipers.
Performance- Crab Intake, Racing Line Performance strut tower brace, GT-R Custom Magnaflow exhaust.
Interior- red LED's on inside, custom painted interior trim to match outside, Memphis sub and Amp, Custom fiberglass sub enclosure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 08:57 PM
2006 Black G6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcplmouw View Post
ensur3- does your new monitor still have the trip and oil life and the other data like stock one?
No.
At first i was worried about that too because i thought i would lose my warranty. So i researched it. According to some law, a dealership can only void your warranty if they can prove an aftermarket part you added caused your vehicle to fail.

Also so that i avoided the whole oil life thing, i read in the manual that there is a way you can manually reset the oil for the computer with doing some step rhythem to the brake pedals.

However, there is a way to still get the stuff to stay. But you can only get a single-din sized head unit. You need this here..Adapter Package
But from what i have heard this isnt the greatest add-on.

Hope that in some way answers what you wanted to know.

2006 G6 GT
Mods so far: Black arrow overlays, Chrome recessed grilles, Blue LED license plate light, Blue LED reverse lights, Smoked tails, 20% Tint all around, Red led's for the interior, White led dome and map lights.
Sound System: 4 Infinity Kappa component speakers, 2 Amps (950w total) and 2 10" Kenwood KFC subwoofers, 7" touch screen Pioneer DVD

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 09:32 PM

where do you get the black arrows lol? ive bin looking for them.. and sweet dvd player too ive bin looking for one
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 10:34 PM
2006 Black G6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOGZZZ View Post
where do you get the black arrows lol? ive bin looking for them.. and sweet dvd player too ive bin looking for one
http://grafxwerks.com/

2006 G6 GT

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Michigan G6er

yea thanks for the info i might look into one.

Pontac G6 Sedan 3.5L
Exterior- 8000k HIDS lows, 8000k HIDs fog lights, 20% window tint, Tinted taillights, painted grilles (top and bottom) to match, Custom painted engine cover and battery box, Red painted calipers.
Performance- Crab Intake, Racing Line Performance strut tower brace, GT-R Custom Magnaflow exhaust.
Interior- red LED's on inside, custom painted interior trim to match outside, Memphis sub and Amp, Custom fiberglass sub enclosure.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensur3 View Post
No.
At first i was worried about that too because i thought i would lose my warranty. So i researched it. According to some law, a dealership can only void your warranty if they can prove an aftermarket part you added caused your vehicle to fail.

Also so that i avoided the whole oil life thing, i read in the manual that there is a way you can manually reset the oil for the computer with doing some step rhythem to the brake pedals.

However, there is a way to still get the stuff to stay. But you can only get a single-din sized head unit. You need this here..Adapter Package

Adapter package, $180 for a plastic mold and a display, screw that, seeing mpgs and shit like that isnt worth $180.

Current Mods:
07 G6 GT White, 84K, 35% Tint, 8k HID Lows/Fogs, Tinted Tails, DRL Delete, DexCool Delete (is that a mod?) Eibach Springs, EBC Brakes, Orange Calipers, De-Badged, Front Tower Strut Bar, Painted Engine/Battery Covers, CRABS Opt# 3, "Tiger CRAB Ram Air", Custom Catback stepped up to 2.5" from 2.25" tubing with purforated rez and free flow muffler.

Coming Soon:
18" rollers, LED red interior lighting, LED tails, Complete Audio System Renovation as I have blown it up, Sedan HH spoiler, Custom Seatcovers, dash cover and floor mats with the G6 Embroidery, Painted body color mirrors, wiper arms, both front grills, side skirts and rear facia all body color painted.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:08 AM

i have that metra kit. put it in the glove box. installed a double din in dash. the wiring harness on the kit also maintains your beeps and power after your car is off. wasn't much more than the gm wiring harness. i dont have pics but i got the idea from a thread on this forum, it had pics
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:29 PM
2006 Black G6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestg6gt07 View Post
Adapter package, $180 for a plastic mold and a display, screw that, seeing mpgs and shit like that isnt worth $180.
I agree, and thats why i didn't get the adapter.

2006 G6 GT

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensur3 View Post
No.

Crazy! I am about to get the same DVD player above (the Pioneer 4100) and I am looking into how to keep the driver info too. I dont mind to lose it but I dont want to trip any sensors or anything. And yes they only make the single din to the metra kit. Does anyone hafe the metra kit and can you take a picture of it? Even if I have to stick it in the glove like Krizax. Hey Krizax, what DVD player do you have installed? And how did you mound the metric kit in the glove?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 09:41 AM

I have a pioneer avic-x910bt. After cutting all the excess plastic off the metra kit i found it was actually able to stand nicely on it's own. I stuck some velcro on it to get it to stay where i wanted it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in