Adding HomeLink to 2008 G6 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Adding HomeLink to 2008 G6

Folks,

I'd like to add homelink to my 2008 G6.

I see on the Malibu and Aura that this was an option (w/ Garage Door) on the overhead lights.

I purchased the right part on eBay, but it's the wrong color (it's tan, but I need gray/platinum).

The item I have pictured (attached) is from a 2005 Malibu w/ sunroof and garage door.

I need the sunroof control and the HomeLink cut-out in the part, listed as #19 in the attached diagram. GMPartsdirect.com is telling me that the OEM p/n is 10393576, but that's just to replace the one I have, with the sunroof (no garage controls)

Does anyone have a GM part number for this in gray/platinum color w/ garage controls? I emailed GMpartsdirect, but they won't help me without a VIN number.

I need just the bottom "shell" since I now have the HomeLink controls from the tan module.

I think it would make a great mod if we had the 2 part numbers -- 1 for sunroof, one for w/o sunroof.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	homelink.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1045   Click image for larger version

Name:	overhead.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1046  

Last edited by thecrave; 09-25-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 03:01 PM

I know this is an old article, but this is possible, and I've made wiring harnesses so this is plug and play if you have the overhead console with/without sunroof (excluding panoramic). Also have some sunroof plates with homelink too, which will be in a for sale thread soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in