Infinity Basslink install - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Infinity Basslink install now complete!

Anybody have any experiences installing one of these? I just got mine tonight, and I was looking at the diagrams for the different ways to install it. I'm leaving the stock radio in there so it'll be connected with the speaker-level method. Now, to connect the speakers lines, can I just tap into the + and - terminals on the rear speakers or do I absolutely have to take out the radio and connect them there? Also, do I need to connect the wires to both rear speakers or just one? I have the Monsoon system by the way.

Mike

Last edited by GTPGuy82; 09-24-2005 at 03:57 PM. Reason: update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 08:15 PM

What's the power limit for the speaker level inputs? How does that compare to the level at the rear speakers from the Monsoon's amp?

I would be concerned that the connections at the speakers would overdrive the unit since the signal there is from the amp, since the speaker level inputs are generally designed for lower power inputs from integrated amps.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Well it's in. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I just used quickconnects to attach the wires to the rear speaker wires. For power, I used a hot wire for the fuse box in the trunk. Since the basslink requires just a 10 gauge wire, this was perfect. I used a quickconnect as well. Ground wire was right to one of the bolts in the trunk. I also put in the bass control knob...all that was necessary was removing the side rocker panels (they just pop out), and running the wire towards the back and under the seats (which also pop up just enough to fit the wire through).

I'm now confident with working on this car. I thought it'd be much harder because it was a new car, but it's simple. If anybody needs assistance with a system install just ask. However, the head unit is a different story...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	G6 September Bass Control.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	189   Click image for larger version

Name:	G6 September Trunk 1.JPG
Views:	417
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	190   Click image for larger version

Name:	G6 September Trunk 2.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	191  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPGuy82
Well it's in. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I just used quickconnects to attach the wires to the rear speaker wires. For power, I used a hot wire for the fuse box in the trunk. Since the basslink requires just a 10 gauge wire, this was perfect. I used a quickconnect as well. Ground wire was right to one of the bolts in the trunk. I also put in the bass control knob...all that was necessary was removing the side rocker panels (they just pop out), and running the wire towards the back and under the seats (which also pop up just enough to fit the wire through).

I'm now confident with working on this car. I thought it'd be much harder because it was a new car, but it's simple. If anybody needs assistance with a system install just ask. However, the head unit is a different story...
which wire did u use for the turn on wire. and did u have to dissconnect the monsoon system
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 04:56 PM

The Basslink has auto turn on circuitry. You can set it to sense the speaker input & it will turn on as soon as a signal is detected.

GTPGUY82; What do you think of it so far? I have 2 of them & have not gotten around to installing either. Can't decide if I wanna install one of my oldschool Rockford Fosgate Punch 150's with a DVC or put in a Basslink (or2)

Last edited by JoeyK; 05-31-2007 at 04:59 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Addict

can u show a pic of where u tapped into the fuse box?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 05:07 PM
jon

Help with sub

Im getting ready to put in new speakers and a sub. I can do the spearkers no problem. I was wondering with the baselink did you have to run a power cable from the battery? And if so were did you come through the firewall at? Thats what im trying to figure out right now is were to go for the powere cable. Any help would be great. Also does the basslink put out enough bass or would you rather have put in a different sub? Thanks alot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in