Question on best replacment for speakers in my doors? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
www.socalmuscle.net

Question on best replacment for speakers in my doors?

Hey all:

My drivers door speaker is blown on my 2006 G6 GTP coupe and was wondering what is the best replacment for the front doors.

Not looking to change out the radio or add amps just stock or upgrade the fronts as long as there is no problem with the stcok system.

Any input put would be much apperciated and also links where I can find teh stock ones or even aftermarket ones as long as they will work.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 05:12 AM
2006 Black G6 GT

price range?
and are you going to amp them anytime in the future.
If you're just using the monsoon amp, or the amp built into your radio, you really dont need anything special... they will all have pretty much the same lows and mids, but some highs are better than others.
I would personally recommend Infinity Refence 6022i's.
They are great speakers amped or not with great everything, even have some punch for 6.5's.

Plus you can prolly get them for cheaper on ebay or elsewhere online.

Hope that helps. If you get those you wont be dissapointed.
Plus if you're getting new door speakers you should get new rear deck speakers also.....

2006 G6 GT
Mods so far: Black arrow overlays, Chrome recessed grilles, Blue LED license plate light, Blue LED reverse lights, Smoked tails, 20% Tint all around, Red led's for the interior, White led dome and map lights.
Sound System: 4 Infinity Kappa component speakers, 2 Amps (950w total) and 2 10" Kenwood KFC subwoofers, 7" touch screen Pioneer DVD

Performance: Mobile 1 oil, Mobile 1 oil filter
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 09:18 AM

Could the monsoon stereo blow these speakers? I need to replace the OEM speakers too. I just don't want to be afraid of cranking the volume with the new speakers.

You wouldn't happen to know what ohm and current ratings the originals are would you?

Black 2005 Pontiac G6 GT: (SOLD)
Mods: uPAC-GM11B Aux Input, red painted calipers, Black Arrowhead overlays, and CRAB Intakes.
Orange 1971 Ford F-100 Sport Custom:
Completely Stock -302ci
Silver 2010 GMC Sierra GFX edition: (SOLD)
Stock
Granite 2015 Chrysler 200c
Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 12:07 PM
2006 Black G6 GT

Definitly not!
These babies are 2-60 rms..
Most aftermarket stereos with good built in amps only put out 35w per channel.

You're only worry would be distortion and you would have to have it unpainfully loud before you need to worry about that...

And no, i dont know the current... They are frickin paper andn foam, so you know they are shitty.. Whereas these are made with Plus One+ injection-molded polypropylene (IMPP) woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround

2006 G6 GT
Mods so far: Black arrow overlays, Chrome recessed grilles, Blue LED license plate light, Blue LED reverse lights, Smoked tails, 20% Tint all around, Red led's for the interior, White led dome and map lights.
Sound System: 4 Infinity Kappa component speakers, 2 Amps (950w total) and 2 10" Kenwood KFC subwoofers, 7" touch screen Pioneer DVD

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 12:41 PM

Thanks Ensur3, I think I may just go for those. First I try to find replacements for the rest of the speakers though. Especially those awful tweeters in the doors by the mirrors.

Mods: uPAC-GM11B Aux Input, red painted calipers, Black Arrowhead overlays, and CRAB Intakes.
Completely Stock -302ci
Stock
Stock
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 04:32 PM
2006 Black G6 GT

These speakers have built in tweeters... You wont be able to relocate them up in that same spot, but theyy are rotatable on the speaker so you can point them up towards where you sit. I personally like them down there by the floor because its not right in your ear and gives the feeling its sorrounding you instead of right there.

But if you would like to spend the extra money you could get an expensive set of tweeters.

2006 G6 GT

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 05:54 PM

oh I understand that those speakers have the center cone tweeters built in. In my G6 there is the 6.5" speakers down near the bottom as well as small probably 2" or less tweeters in the top of the door beside the dash right behind where the exterior mirrors are. I think it would be wise to replace those too. Or I guess I could just disconnect them from the stereo.

Do you have any personal experience with these speakers?

I'm going to do a bit more research but would you happen to know what size the rear deck speakers are, maybe save me a little time searching?

Edit: from what I kind find out the speaker sizes are:
6.5" in each front door
1.5" tweeters in each front door
Two 6x9 in the rear deck

as for the back doors I'm pretty sure the are none, however I wouldn't know as I never sit there.

Completely Stock -302ci
Stock
Stock

Last edited by Devriesd; 12-20-2009 at 06:16 PM. Reason: update
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 11:55 PM
2006 Black G6 GT

I dont think you need those tweeters, but if you want you can of course get them.

I do have personal experience with these. I have owned 2 pairs of them. One pair in my trans am (amped) and a pair in my sunfire (stereo amped.) Both times loved them. I honestly believe they are the best speaker for your money..

If you go here they will tell you all the specifications for your car and what specifically will fit and what wont.

And no the back doors dont have speakers.

2006 G6 GT

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 08:27 AM

ya I've been looking around on Crutchfield, but what I don't understand is that they have 6x9 that are also infinity "Reference" model but it says it won't fit in the g6. I bet they do, as Infinity has other speakers called the "kappa" and they do fit.

the links:
The 6.5" Reference (your original link)
The 6x9 Reference that supposedly don't fit
and the other Infinity Kappa that do fit

Completely Stock -302ci
Stock
Stock
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 10:25 AM
2006 Black G6 GT

Thats weird.. can't explain it to ya. Maybe it has different screw patterns or something...
I have the kappa's in my 6.

2006 G6 GT

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 04:20 PM

Hi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in