Back from vacation - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Back from vacation

Ok, I'm back from vacation and the wheels are turning on the stereo system for the G6. This is my teaser. Work won't begin for a few weeks at least and won't be finished for some time after; hopefully before the car shows start up this summer. (As long as I don't deploy)

I've decided I don't need/want the information the DIC provides. So that's out. I contemplated for some time on keeping the factory HU, mostly for cosmetic reasons, but have decided not to. I like the double dins, but most of them do not give the processing power I want and would cause me to have to get external processing at an even greater expense. So, that too will not be happening.

I'm going with a single din stereo (model undecided) along with some processing power (two half din processors (secret)) to fill the double din space.

I can't plan much for the front speakers until I get a door apart to see what I'm working with on the inside. I'm trying to keep as much of a factory look as possible, so things will be as hidden as I can make them.

My sub section of the system will not be typical. I'll leave it at that.

I haven't decided yet where I'm going to put amps, but wherever it is, they need to be out of the way and "fit."

The car is surprisingly quiet. However, I will be adding a good amount of deadening anyway.

So there you have it. The teaser to my system build. I'll pop in and give random updates until I start the work, then I'll be including pics also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in