questions - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

questions

Im making this thread to ask questions for my sub install so that i dont have to make a new thread for every question i need answered.

Question 1: i want to ground my amp to one of the seat belt anchors. How do i remove the rear seats to gain access to this? or is there a better/easier place i can ground to?

Question 2: i need to find a spot to connect my remote wire to. Someplace that has power when the radio has power. where would be the best place to connect to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 05:57 PM

Grounding to the seat would be easy but, the best ground you can get is if you sand the paint down in the bottom of you trunk and tap a screw into the body. It is a direct ground. Remember to run the same ground wire as power wire, I.E. if you run 4 gauge power run 4 gauge ground.

Second a good remote wire is one from head unit unless you left stock like i did.
if thats the case go to radio shack and by a connecting piece called a "fuse Tap" its a small piece of wire that makes it so you can tap into a fuse ( from fuse box in trunk) find something where the fuse only has power when the car is on such as the HVAC controls or maybe the factory AMP controls. i used the factory amp and its fine since the remote wire is their for signal and nothing else.

best of luck, any more question let me know.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

ill be running 4 gauge all round. and yes i've left the stock radio in, ill get one of those tap fuses. my car doesnt have a factory radio (i think). its just the base G6. But ill try the HVAC fuse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 05:45 AM

You don't need the the factory amp, use any fuse that only has power when the car is running. Where did you run your 4 gauge power wire through the firewall at?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Ok thanks. And I actually haven't run it yet. It's sitting in the trunk of my other car But I'll be doing that this weekend along with starting the construction of the sub box and the construction of a panel to fill the cubby hole under the radio
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 06:31 PM

Let me know. A custom box would have been great i filled my entire trunk with a Kicker L7. 12 in. With a nice kicker ported box
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

I ran my power today if your still interested in where I ran it through. Approx. 4 inches to the passenger side from the gromet the hood release goes through there is another gromet with a few wires running through it. I ran it through there. It comes out just below the master cylinder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in