Audio problems (Yes another one) - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Audio problems (Yes another one)

Well I was drivin along today, blasting away as usual on the ol' stereo, when all of a sudden the sound got really tinny then disappeared entirely.

The fuse was , of course, blown.

Here comes my problem. I replaced the fuse and it was IMMEDIATELY blown again (literally as I plugged it in). This recurred another 3 times (fuses are cheap ) . Anyways, I know there's a short in there somewhere, and I'd like to think it isnt the amp , but I could use some thoughts from the G6 experts here...

So thoughts, solutions, and general hatred of GM for shoddily manufacturing G6 audio equipment?

Loaded 05 G6 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Guess no one has any input or advice for me...well I went and ordered an amp online from an ebay store...Estimated Cost: 100 bucks.... I'll put it in myself and update how that goes in case this happens to someone else.

Loaded 05 G6 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in