Can one splice stock monsoon amp remote wire with anothe remote to turn on second amp - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Can one splice stock monsoon amp remote wire with anothe remote to turn on second amp

Greetings,
I have an 09 G6 GT with the monsoon system I have an amp and two subs I am trying to add to this nice system. I have power, ground, and speaker wires connected correctly. My plan was to cut the pink remote wire that turns on the monsoon amp in the trunk and connect my remote for my new sub. But after doing this I am still not getting any juice to the amp. I also used an Install Edge/Rockford line output converter to wire into the right rear speaker I connected both of my converters pos. wires with the blue speaker wire and the neg. with the light blue. Not exactly sure what I am doing wrong here or which one of the two I messed up. Any Ideas would help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 08:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
try running your remote wire into one of the fuses in the trunk. see if that turns on your amp.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Hello, thanks for responding.
Well I have been thinking about doing that but i wasn't sure how to tell which wires are only on when the ignition is on. Is there an easily accessed wiring diagram for the trunk box. Or can I just pick wires?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 09:46 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
click here to download the 09' owners manual. look at the fuse section.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 07:27 AM
GTP 06

Send a message via MSN to maykevin5
I have my remote wire tied to the factory small pink remote wire with a relay. Works fine. I hope you didn't short something out messing with the factory remote wire, that would suck.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Oh ok are you talking about doing a fuse tap? I'm thinking bustin into one of those wires running around it. I wasn't aware you could use a tap with a remote wire, but it makes sense.

Yea I actually stumbled upon pictures of you system when I was preparing for the install and saw that you had done that. That JL looks like it pushes real well! But I didn't use a relay I just cut and soldered the three. I hope I didn't either, but the stock amp is still working. If I shorted it wouldn't the whole circuit blow?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 02:23 PM
GTP 06

Send a message via MSN to maykevin5
this is the new sub and amp I bought. Now when the bass really hits, it sounds like the box is going to explode. lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in