need help replacing 6x9 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

need help replacing 6x9

hey i have a 2009 pontiac g6 gt coupe and i dont know how to replace the 6x9 in the back. If anyone could help? Can you post a how to.
Please help..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 11:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
havnt done it but i do know that you have to remove the whole rear deck.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

how did you wire the 6x9. they have four wires not two?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 12:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
they have four wires because they have two speakers on the stock 6 x 9's two are for the woofers and two are for your mids. click here for wiring diagram.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 02:38 PM

After typing this out i realized you have a coupe so it could be different sorry

Its not to bad taking the deck apart.

1 take the bench out of the back seat just pull up and it comes out.
2. remove the 4 bolts by where the seats lock in (not sure what that part is called)
3.then remove 2 bolts on each side that are still holding that same piece in towards the bottom of it facing the trunk.
4. Pull out canoe/push clips from deck liner
5. Not sure if you need to but remove the 2 pillars in the back window i believe it takes torque bits

If its seems confusing start taking it apart and read this it will make more sense.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 03:06 PM

pm sent

05 G6

ipad mini install

Gametag psn=getonerd 360=geronerd
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 04:29 PM
08 G6 GT Owner

Hi all, haven't been on this site for awhile, but i was lookin thru and found this blog. I have the same problem but with my 6 and 1/2 in both doors (2008 coupe). They have been put thru plenty of abuse for the year and a half i've had them for and now they are blown. Im tired of having audio shops hook up my system and I am finally becoming a do-it-your-sefler. If anybody can 1.) tell me how to take off the door panels to get to my speakers, and 2.) tell me how to fix the speakers, I would be much obliged and may start coming back to the site more often like I used to. Number 1 is a must, number 2 I think I can figure out on my own. Thanks fellow G6er's
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Tg6

Smile gotta put mine in too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txboibobby View Post
Im tired of having audio shops hook up my system and I am finally becoming a do-it-your-sefler.
I'm in the same boat as you. The people I had do my system did such a bad job that my rear right speaker blew. The place was a legitimate garage that specialized in audio systems, and the guy who did it left his knife in my car, and he attached the converter to the woven wires of the speaker which he sealed with electrical tape. So I'm redoing it and putting some pioneer speakers in the back, and of course I'm going to hook the speakers up to the amp which the guy was too lazy to do. After changing my headlights, I feel I can accomplish anything!

now to figure out how to disassemble the back part!
thanks daniel for the instructions!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg6 View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. The people I had do my system did such a bad job that my rear right speaker blew. The place was a legitimate garage that specialized in audio systems, and the guy who did it left his knife in my car, and he attached the converter to the woven wires of the speaker which he sealed with electrical tape. So I'm redoing it and putting some pioneer speakers in the back, and of course I'm going to hook the speakers up to the amp which the guy was too lazy to do. After changing my headlights, I feel I can accomplish anything!

now to figure out how to disassemble the back part!
thanks daniel for the instructions!
I highly doubt it was the shops fault the speaker blew, especially if it wasnt hooked up to the amp. If he didnt hook it up to the amp(probably didnt know it was there, did you tell him there was an amp?). Wiring it to the spearkers like that isnt good, but most audio shops will only wrap the wire around the other wire and put electrical tape on it.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Tg6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanj View Post
I highly doubt it was the shops fault the speaker blew, especially if it wasnt hooked up to the amp. If he didnt hook it up to the amp(probably didnt know it was there, did you tell him there was an amp?). Wiring it to the spearkers like that isnt good, but most audio shops will only wrap the wire around the other wire and put electrical tape on it.
I gave them the amp to install, and he put this adjustable line converter to hook it up, and even that was jury rigged. I think when the speaker was shaking with the way they had it hooked up, it was arcing and I believe that's how the speaker blew. Now it's just a process to change them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in