Best Buy Installed After Market Stereo ... It Pops - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Best Buy Installed After Market Stereo ... It Pops

(2006 pontiac g6 gt coupe)

Best buy spent 3 hours installing a new stereo for me. But they said since it's "integrated" with the Monsoon system, it pops when I change tracks, and when I turn the volume to "0."

I said this is poor work, and they said they can "bypass" the amp to solve the problem, for an additional $200 in parts and labor. The first step cost me $200 in parts and labor.

Is this necessary?

Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 06:29 PM

I would have to agree with best Buy on this one.

With a Monsoon system you either run the monsoon stuff 100% or you run everything new. This takes time, patience and MONEY.

They have to run new speaker wires everywhere or hack up the factory stuff (dont let them do that).

Best Buy is WAY over priced for installation services anyhow.

You just need to decided what you are doing and move one route. Either leave it stock or change it all up. Anything in between will give you results like you have now.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Okay thanks Ryan, I live in Sd now, but I moved here from cleveland last year so thanks for hookin up a fellow Ohioan at heart.

Do you think I should pay them to finish the job (bypass the amp) for $200 or find someone local to pick up where they left off?... If I can properly explain what the prob is to somebody that is...

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 04:07 AM

Where at in South Dakota?

Anywhere close to Watertown?

I have a friend out that way that used to own a shop. He may be willing to take a little side work. At least this way the job would get done right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in