2 Din Head Unit - D2208 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
WHITE G6 GT (:

2 Din Head Unit - D2208

Quick question.

Does anyone know if this 2 din head unit will fit in our cars? I seen somewhere that someone got one but I can't find the thread and I want to double check before I buy it tonight or tomorrow. I think its a cheap price and I have never heard of the brand but I'm still going to buy it. Please let me know any info!

http://www.eonon.com/Car-DVD-Players...DVD/D2208.html

2007 G6 GT Sedan Ivory White w/ 3.5L V6 Fully Loaded

Performance Mods: CRAB's O3 w/ FPU, Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust w/ 3 1/2 Tips, Resonator Removed, Motor Mount Inserts

Appearance Mods: HIDs Head/Fog 35w 6000k, Front/Back/Eyebrow 5% Tint, Tinted License Plate Covers, Debadged Sides/Rear but kept GT, Added GT emblems to sides, Arrowhead Overlays BLACK for front/rear - CHROME for wheels

Handle Mods: Strut Bar & Tires

Audio Mods: 2 Alpine 12" E's & Alpine 1000W Class D Mono Amp

To Do List: Dyno/Tune, Exterior White Underglows, Interior Red Underglows, Front Mud/Snow Guards, ""Painted Mirrors; Calipers; Tail Lights; Grille Insert & Assembly (All WHITE)""
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
I don't see why not. Double DIN is double DIN. It's basically a unit measure of the headunit.

You might need a mounting bracket. I'm not too experienced in double DIN headunits though.

Quote:
.All of our car DVD players fit any car or truck except some specific car models. Click here for more information. And please check the player position height of your car. If 50mm, please select from 1 Din series; and if 100mm, please select from 2 Din series. The DIN series is universal.
Not one of the best 7" screens I've seen. It sure as hell beats my simple Pioneer head unit, but that thing just doesn't appeal to the music listener in me. That is more like a multimedia device. Btw, from the pictures, it seems like the screen has huge sun glare problems.

My 2 cents, enjoy!

Last edited by Abyssul; 10-11-2010 at 08:59 PM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 10:10 AM

i dont see why not im beef it dont do iphone

05 G6

ipad mini install

Gametag psn=getonerd 360=geronerd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getonerd View Post
i dont see why not im beef it dont do iphone
ummm. I take it was a really drunken night or your iphone is a great spell checker?

Black 2005 Pontiac G6 GT: (SOLD)
Mods: uPAC-GM11B Aux Input, red painted calipers, Black Arrowhead overlays, and CRAB Intakes.
Orange 1971 Ford F-100 Sport Custom:
Completely Stock -302ci
Silver 2010 GMC Sierra GFX edition: (SOLD)
Stock
Granite 2015 Chrysler 200c
Stock
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
WHITE G6 GT (:

Bump ^

Lampoon or someone must have seen this before. I need help.

Performance Mods: CRAB's O3 w/ FPU, Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust w/ 3 1/2 Tips, Resonator Removed, Motor Mount Inserts

Appearance Mods: HIDs Head/Fog 35w 6000k, Front/Back/Eyebrow 5% Tint, Tinted License Plate Covers, Debadged Sides/Rear but kept GT, Added GT emblems to sides, Arrowhead Overlays BLACK for front/rear - CHROME for wheels

To Do List: Dyno/Tune, Exterior White Underglows, Interior Red Underglows, Front Mud/Snow Guards, ""Painted Mirrors; Calipers; Tail Lights; Grille Insert & Assembly (All WHITE)""
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 07:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
I think Abbysul is right...double din is double din.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
WHITE G6 GT (:

So if I were to buy it, it would fit most likly right? I actually got the idea from another G6er that had used it. I just can't find the fourm or post on it. I'm just afraid it wouldn't work but I don't see why not. Thanks though Ill try and find some more research.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
WHITE G6 GT (:

BUMP ^

If I where to buy this 2 din head unit do I need some kind of harness or something? I don't want to buy it and than find out it won't work. Someone please help me before I make a purchase. I've been looking for days now.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 02:33 PM

The others are correct...double DIN is a standard unit of measure. The only thing you should check is the depth. That head unit has a mounting depth of 165mm / 6.5 inches. You will also have to purchase a wiring harness which connects your new stereo to the factory wiring unless you want to cut and splice all the wires (PITA).
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
WHITE G6 GT (:

How much would a standard wiring hardness be? Also, I'm not sure how to take out my stock head unit. Any suggestions... So I can measure the depth.

Unless someone knows the depth. Thanks again!

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
WHITE G6 GT (:

Thanks XANAX! I guess I would have to get the Pac C2RGM11B because my G6 didn't come with on-star. I can't believe you have to basically rip apart your entire dash just to get the factory head unit out. Pontiac really pisses me off sometimes!

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhiteg6gt View Post
Pontiac really pisses me off sometimes!
That's not all! If you want to keep your DIC you're going to need something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Metra-99-3303-Vehicles-Integrate-Diagnostics/dp/B000G7SGO4 Most people with double DIN units just mount the DIC module in the glove box. And you'll need an antenna adapter as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in