New Rear Speakers? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

New Rear Speakers?

i have a '06 g6 gt I want to replace my rear speakers i was looking up the speccs and one website said there subwoofers and the other say its speakers i know there 6 x 9 and i have the monsoon system and i believe it has 200 watts and i replaced the front ones without any probs and i was wondering what kind of speakers would you guys recommend buying. also i dont wanna add an amp or run new wires kind of a plug and play set up would be nice any pointers would be appreciated, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
Monsoon system has more than 200 watts. I believe it was more like 400-500 watts. There is no way my old 6x9's on my Monsoon system could hit that hard with just a piece of 200 watt juice.

Any 6x9's will do. Just go through Amazon's bestseller list for 6x9's and find your preferred brand and price. I have Pioneers in mine, but I wish I had gotten something better. The mids and highs are really nice, but the bass bottoms out too easily. At least I have my subwoofer to make up for it.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

yeah it hits hard i can tell ya that much(i think that's why ones blown :P), im not sure on the watts though if it is 400+ watts that opens a whole new world of options lmao and im planning in the future to add a subwoofer taking little steps haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 08:57 PM
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6

I have replaced all 4 of my speakers and my deck. All four are Memphis and they are great. I paid 200 for all four, also come with a better warranty then most others. But i would check their choices with the wattage of the monsoon system

Visual Mods: Back half 5% tint, Front half 15% tint, 5% Eyebrow tint, Rain guards, Debadged, Arrowhead overlays, Interior LEDs, Painted engine covers, Tinted tails, 6K Low Beam HID, 8K High Beam HID, Painted Grilles, Painted Door Trim

Performance Mods: CRAB intake, 18" Toyo Extensa x 4, Racingline STB, Racingline Grounding Kit

Audio Mods: Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD, Front Speakers: Memphis 6 1/4, Rear Speakers: Memphis 6 x 9, Subwoofers: Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" x 2, Amp: Kenwood KAC-8105D 500W
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
You can possibly get all the power you want out of those Memphis's with the weak Monsoon amp. It would be a shame. No one knows for sure the wattage of the Monsoon system though.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 09:47 PM
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
You can possibly get all the power you want out of those Memphis's with the weak Monsoon amp. It would be a shame. No one knows for sure the wattage of the Monsoon system though.
yeah i have no idea about the power on the monsoon system, but my 6x9s are 60w RMS and 120w peak. That seems kinda high for a stock system, my fronts are also pulling 50/100 but i planned my system out to handle that power. depending on how much you are looking to spend it may be worth checking out a new deck, my decked powered my speakers just fine and i just got the extra amp to cover the subs.

My advice to you is decide what you want your system to be like when you are done with it, if you are just looking for new speakers because something happened to yours then i would say try to find stockers to replace them with. If you are in the process of upgrading your entire system, research. Decide how much you want to spend and how much power you want. If you get the perfect balance of power output vs. power needed, your system can really sound great.

hope this helps

Visual Mods: Back half 5% tint, Front half 15% tint, 5% Eyebrow tint, Rain guards, Debadged, Arrowhead overlays, Interior LEDs, Painted engine covers, Tinted tails, 6K Low Beam HID, 8K High Beam HID, Painted Grilles, Painted Door Trim

Performance Mods: CRAB intake, 18" Toyo Extensa x 4, Racingline STB, Racingline Grounding Kit

Audio Mods: Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD, Front Speakers: Memphis 6 1/4, Rear Speakers: Memphis 6 x 9, Subwoofers: Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" x 2, Amp: Kenwood KAC-8105D 500W
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in