JVC KW-XR810 /w 30,000 variable color display - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Smile JVC KW-XR810 /w 30,000 variable color display

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here on the forum as I just purchased a 2008 G6 Sedan /w V6. I was big into the old j-body.org forums when I had my sunfires back in the day, so I'm glad to see there is a nice looking forum for G6 owners.

So, since it literally snowed the night I bought my car, I dont plan on doing anything outside the car until the spring now.

I've always made putting in a new head unit a priority when I get a new car.....but as we know, the G6 is a little tricky to do so...

I'd like it to look as 'factory' as possible.....so I think going with a Double-Din headunit, and buying the module that keeps all the chimes,signals,etc.. (not the metra unit because it doesnt match and looks cheap IMO) and I'm looking at the JVC KW-XR810 unit that apparently has 30,000 color choices.....hopefully so that it can match the Pontiac interior as it was designed to do....

Has anyone seen this deck in person ? or better yet, have some pics ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickcityxiii View Post
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here on the forum as I just purchased a 2008 G6 Sedan /w V6. I was big into the old j-body.org forums when I had my sunfires back in the day, so I'm glad to see there is a nice looking forum for G6 owners.

So, since it literally snowed the night I bought my car, I dont plan on doing anything outside the car until the spring now.

I've always made putting in a new head unit a priority when I get a new car.....but as we know, the G6 is a little tricky to do so...

I'd like it to look as 'factory' as possible.....so I think going with a Double-Din headunit, and buying the module that keeps all the chimes,signals,etc.. (not the metra unit because it doesnt match and looks cheap IMO) and I'm looking at the JVC KW-XR810 unit that apparently has 30,000 color choices.....hopefully so that it can match the Pontiac interior as it was designed to do....

Has anyone seen this deck in person ? or better yet, have some pics ??
I looked it up and if you are just getting that for the color, a lot of the radios have different color settings. I personally like the pioneer avh 4200. You can change the color to red and looks factory. Everyone that looks at my car says it looks like it came with the car. You can get it this week for 375 on a popular website.

Mods: 20x8.5 chrome/black rims, 245-35-20 Kumho ecsta 4x ku22, pioneer avh 4200 DD headunit, 1500 watt rms rockford fosgate (T1500-bdcp) amp, 2 rockford fosgate 12 inch (T1s), 800 watt rms rockford fosgate (T800-4ad), pioneer 5 way 6x9s ,pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 30% tint, black spyder headlights with 6000K HID (fog/low), K&N CAI, black altezza tail lights, and magnaflow exhaust.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlleez08g6 View Post
I looked it up and if you are just getting that for the color, a lot of the radios have different color settings. I personally like the pioneer avh 4200. You can change the color to red and looks factory. Everyone that looks at my car says it looks like it came with the car. You can get it this week for 375 on a popular website.
Do you have any pics of it at night ? (with colors set to match)

Also, I see it has rear USB ports.....the main thing I want from a HU is to be able to read from a USB key ..

How does it work when the port is on the back? is it a cable connected to the back, with a usb port on the end ?

Oh, and did you go with the Metra kit in the glove box ? or did u use the OS-311b adapter ??

Last edited by sickcityxiii; 11-21-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: another question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Do you have any pics of it at night ? (with colors set to match)

Also, I see it has rear USB ports.....the main thing I want from a HU is to be able to read from a USB key ..

How does it work when the port is on the back? is it a cable connected to the back, with a usb port on the end ?

Oh, and did you go with the Metra kit in the glove box ? or did u use the OS-311b adapter ??
I will go take a pic in just a sec. The HU comes with a usb ext. cable. I pluged my iphone cord into it. You can use a jump drive or what ever. It has SD card slot also. It also has a front aux if you tilt the radio screen. I went with the metra kit. My installer put it behind a panel close to the gas pedal. That panel has velcro on it and can be taken off if I need to get to it.

Mods: 20x8.5 chrome/black rims, 245-35-20 Kumho ecsta 4x ku22, pioneer avh 4200 DD headunit, 1500 watt rms rockford fosgate (T1500-bdcp) amp, 2 rockford fosgate 12 inch (T1s), 800 watt rms rockford fosgate (T800-4ad), pioneer 5 way 6x9s ,pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 30% tint, black spyder headlights with 6000K HID (fog/low), K&N CAI, black altezza tail lights, and magnaflow exhaust.

Last edited by jlleez08g6; 11-21-2010 at 09:06 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 05:19 PM
2006 Black G6 GT

Pioneer DD's are the way to go IMO
I have the AVH-4100 and love it.
the red matches very good

I love this headunit because i have the usb extension going into my glove box where i have my ipod plugged in.
and i can control my ipod from the headunits touch screen.
It loads fairly quick too.

2006 G6 GT
Mods so far: Black arrow overlays, Chrome recessed grilles, Blue LED license plate light, Blue LED reverse lights, Smoked tails, 20% Tint all around, Red led's for the interior, White led dome and map lights.
Sound System: 4 Infinity Kappa component speakers, 2 Amps (950w total) and 2 10" Kenwood KFC subwoofers, 7" touch screen Pioneer DVD

Performance: Mobile 1 oil, Mobile 1 oil filter

Last edited by Ensur3; 11-22-2010 at 05:26 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensur3 View Post
Pioneer DD's are the way to go IMO
I have the AVH-4100 and love it.
the red matches very good

Looks really good !

I'll for sure consider another Pioneer...it just sucks that I gotta spend an extra $200 on the OS-311b or metra kit.

Do any of you guys regret not having the DIC info ? I mean, I dont see anything great about it that I'd miss - Maybe oil life and tire pressure ? either way Ive been driving for 12 years and did OK without that info...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Looks really good !

I'll for sure consider another Pioneer...it just sucks that I gotta spend an extra $200 on the OS-311b or metra kit.

Do any of you guys regret not having the DIC info ? I mean, I dont see anything great about it that I'd miss - Maybe oil life and tire pressure ? either way Ive been driving for 12 years and did OK without that info...
I still have the DIC under the panel I took a picture of above right by the gas pedal. Look in your owners manual, it does a lot more than you think thats the only reason I got the metra kit. Where I got mine from they gave you all the install stuff like DD kit, anntena, and also half off the metra kit so it will only be like 94 bucks! Plus its 125 dollars less than what I paid for this week only (black friday deal but its all week). I was mad when I saw it because I have only had mine 2 months now.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 10:05 PM

i have that exact radio in my g6!!

i literally bought the exact radio off crutchfield for my g6. it matches perfectly color and everything. the bluetooth connects everytime i turn the car on and i never have to press a button the only thing is that you need a 100 dollar transfer thing to make your factory chimes and the onstar still work. otherwise its a great headunit.

ill get some pictures tomorrow. i just spent all day putting four new speakers in mine.
alpine spr 69-c and alpine spr 17-c.
somehow no bass is coming from 3 of them but the drivers side one works fine.....??

Last edited by garrettb44; 11-24-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in