Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Aftermarket speakers help!?

8K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  maykevin5 
#1 ·
i bought and installed 4 new speakers(alpine spr 69-c for the rear 6x9 and alpine spr-17c for the front) for my 2008 g6 4 door sedan. and the drivers side speaker works just fine it has bass and clarity. but the other 3 speakers are just the music. no bass at all, even on the lowest of notes. I also have a JVC-KWXR810 headunit that has all the necessary adapters and what not. is it the monsoon's amplifier or something else? can anyone help me!?!

#3 ·
yeah the original factory speaker had a 4 wire harness that i cut off and used the two main cords to the new speakers. they play music just fine but theres no bass at all except for the drivers side door. i also reversed the positive and negatives to see if that would change anything but it didnt. just made it slightly louder.

#4 ·
If im not mistaken two wires are for highs and two are for lows. The one speaker with the bass probably has the lows. I'm not sure if it will work or not but try hooking up one high and one low wire to each terminal. I'm sure others will know what to do, or search google it should be on there

#8 ·
high pass filter is off according to my head unit, crimped all wires with connectors so its a good connection and i switched the wires that crutchfield told me to connect and i have bass from the rear speakers now. so now i have alot of bass from the rear speakers and a little audio, and the front door speakers have alot of audio and just a little bass. ill get an amp bypass kit later on and just bypass that damned monsoon trickery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.