DOUBLE DIN Headunit and DIC - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Exclamation DOUBLE DIN Headunit and DIC

I have a 2006 G6 Coupe and a double din Pioneer and I have some questions.

Number one, if you have a double din headunit, how can you still keep the DIC? What do you need to buy? I've seen people say to buy the Metra 99-3303, but that's for a single din, so I guess that's what I don't understand. And I've seen others say that you also need another part for it.

Number two, what happens if you do away with the DIC completely? Does that mean if you open your door or the gas light comes on, your car won't chime?

Number three, is there a way to mount DIC somewhere in your car where it is visible? (i.e. To see "Miles to go, Trip, Oil Life")

Anyone who has any solutions, if you could reply with the list of parts needed, it'd be greatly appreciated. THANKS!! =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 02:09 PM

1) you need the metra 99-3303. Basically you extend the wires and put it where you feel neccessary (for most of us, that is in the glovebox). That is the only way to retain the DIC. Then you just get your dash kit for the deck and mount it where the radio would go.

2) Dont know, never tried it.

3) I've heard of people mounting it on the center console but i've never actually seen pictures of it. I guess if you wanted to you could make a fibreglass pod for onto of the dash to mount it. and them just run the wires to the windows down the side of the dash and up behind the deck.

Hope this helps.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks so much! I'm having it professionally installed at a local audio shop. So, with the Metra 99-3303, they would just trim it to show only the DIC part of it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 02:26 PM

If that's what you wanted I'm sure they would. Though unless you tell them to make something to hold it or whatever you want, I'm sure they'll just stick it in the glovebox as that's the easiest and quickest thing to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in