ACC cable, which one? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

ACC cable, which one?

I am using the Metra Kit for my installation, I cannot find a cable on the metra that works only when the ACC is on. Both red and yellow cables have 12 volts with or without key turned on. I tried with a voltmeter the original harness and I found no ACC cable there either.

So what cable should I use for the ACC? Also what cable should I use for the reverse, so that camera comes on when car is placed on reverse?

Thanks for help in advanced
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 08:12 PM

The factory doesn't use ACC wire, it uses a rap module data on/off... Just plug in the Metra I connected my deck/amp to the Metra...

2005 G6 SE 3.5L V6 LX9

Mods
Audio: Pioneer DEH-P6900UB / Rockford P300-1 / Bassworx GPH210BK / 2x 10" MTX 600W RMS
Appearance: Eagle Eye CCFL Halo Projectors w/ Stealth Bulbs / Oracle 6000K LED Fogs
Painted Tails & Brake Light / Xenon White LED Plate / Front Plate Removed / Debadged
Performance: Doctor Speed CAI / Glasspack Resonator
Coming Soon: Full TINT / GT-R / WAMS / STB

DC's G6 Progression!$#%

Last edited by datacat; 01-02-2011 at 08:14 PM.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by datacat View Post
The factory doesn't use ACC wire, it uses a rap module data on/off... Just plug in the Metra I connected my deck/amp to the Metra...

I have the metra plug in but still need an ACC for my After market radio and the Radar Detector, Metra does not provide a ACC cable. So what is the best cable to use for that purpose then?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 08:47 PM

Garage
So you are looking for a fuse that is only on with ignition?
Ignore the writting in the pic, it is the only pic i have of the fuse pannel.

If you want them to only be on with ignition, I believe that the 'wiper sw' (the bottom one of the 2 10A fuses, 3rd column from right) is only powered with ignition.
(wow, I've used this pic twice today)

06 GT - black on black
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 08:47 PM

use the brown wire (+) at the ignition wire harness.

05 G6

ipad mini install

Gametag psn=getonerd 360=geronerd
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

How about the cables for reverse and illumination?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 10:12 PM

I don't understand your dilemma. The REM wire is blue/white on the Metra harness. Illumination is not used. The wiring code is listed right on the install sheet...

I ran my deck/amp REM to the Metra harness and everything works 100%.

2005 G6 SE 3.5L V6 LX9

Mods
Audio: Pioneer DEH-P6900UB / Rockford P300-1 / Bassworx GPH210BK / 2x 10" MTX 600W RMS
Appearance: Eagle Eye CCFL Halo Projectors w/ Stealth Bulbs / Oracle 6000K LED Fogs
Painted Tails & Brake Light / Xenon White LED Plate / Front Plate Removed / Debadged
Performance: Doctor Speed CAI / Glasspack Resonator
Coming Soon: Full TINT / GT-R / WAMS / STB

DC's G6 Progression!$#%
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:
I don't understand your dilemma. The REM wire is blue/white on the Metra harness. Illumination is not used. The wiring code is listed right on the install sheet...

they are trying to hook up an rear camera that turns on when in reverse i guess

05 G6

ipad mini install

Gametag psn=getonerd 360=geronerd
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

Getonerd is correct, I need the reverse cable so that the radio automatically tunes to camera when backing up, I need illumination because my radio has the option and since it is there then why not wire it? My metra needs replaced it does not work at all but that is another story

Last edited by Redemption; 01-03-2011 at 06:09 AM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 11:50 AM

There is also no ACC wire on a deck harness. your power wires are a yellow constant power and a red ignition power. the constant is what allows the deck to keep all of the settings you choose while the ignition is what allows the deck to turn on when its in ACC or when the car is started. The Metra kit has all of the wires needed and you just need to color match them. Also forget about the illumination wire. its useless. The only thing it would do is dim the backlight when its dark outside but it would be more of a hassle to wire it in than its worth. You seem to be making this more complicated than it needs to be. if your camera has a wire for the reverse signal then you just need to find the wire that only has power when the car is in reverse.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanj View Post
There is also no ACC wire on a deck harness. your power wires are a yellow constant power and a red ignition power. the constant is what allows the deck to keep all of the settings you choose while the ignition is what allows the deck to turn on when its in ACC or when the car is started. The Metra kit has all of the wires needed and you just need to color match them. Also forget about the illumination wire. its useless. The only thing it would do is dim the backlight when its dark outside but it would be more of a hassle to wire it in than its worth. You seem to be making this more complicated than it needs to be. if your camera has a wire for the reverse signal then you just need to find the wire that only has power when the car is in reverse.
Thaks for the help, the problem i had was that my metra was not working; it had the red wire relay on all the time. I ordered a new one! I hope that fxes things, great idea on the reverse cable. After doing some reserch i decded not to use the dimmer cable, the new radio has a setiing to dim itself after dark.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 09:44 PM

What deck is it?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
What deck is it?
I got her the Kenwood DNX6160

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert..._Video/DNX6160

Had it on for a little while yesterday and I love the colorfull screen and how sensitive it is. I have an older two Din Panasonic on my truck and that thing sometimes you have to press the screen really hard to get it to react.

Last edited by Redemption; 01-04-2011 at 06:14 AM.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 10:39 AM

Nice choice. Those are good decks
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Nice choice. Those are good decks
Thanks for the compliment! I really like the deck, I ended up running the wire to the tail light as I was not able to locate a cable that would power up on the front when the reverse is engaged.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in