Replacing Monsoon system - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Replacing Monsoon system

Finally recieved the approval from the ball and chain to replace the monsoon system with a dvd with navigation. I have found the complete setup with all the extra stuff through crutchfield. I will also be purchasing the metra setup to relocate my DIC to my center console and adding a back-up camera since my wife is really small nd the limo tint is to dark for her to see out the back.

I will be replacing the front speakers with components that include 6 1/2 and a tweeter. The back is the guestion in hand. I am not sure to put components with a 6x9 and a 3 1/2 or 6 1/2 components or just a 6x9. I will be adding a 10 in sub in the trunk at a later date (within 6 months). The head unit itself has 50 watts output per speaker.

so my question?
Should I bypass the entire monsoon amp?
should I put 6x9?
should I put 6x9 with tweeters (components?
Should i put 6 1/2 components in back?

Also, the monsoon headunit i have has an AUX input. should i sell the entiree setup with amp and speakers or sell them off individually. This might be able to help support my new system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 09:39 AM

i would personally just pull the whole stock system out and start fresh. imo it will be easier this way.

for speakers in the back, i personally prefer the sound of components, but if you choose this route you are going to have to find a place to mount the tweeters.

if you dont want to do that just stick with 6x9s. also i've never heard of 6x9s wth tweeters in component form, unless you talking about 2way and 3way 6x9s in which case its just a coaxial setup with the tweeter (or midbass and tweeter in the case of a 3way) mounted infront of the woofer.

I would list the whole thing together, but also say that you will sell them individually. That way im sure something will sell.

What headunit do you plan on using?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in