has any one put subs in there g6 yet

if so please post pics would like to see what your set up looks like thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginuwine
if so please post pics would like to see what your set up looks like thanks

i had a turkey and ham sub with tomato, onion, lettuce, green peppers, banana peppers with mayo and cheese on wheat from Subway. as for my 'set-up', well i usually have both hands on it because they can be kind of messy. sorry, but i didn't take any pics. next time i will.

i just didn't realize anyone would be THAT interested in what i ate in my G6!!!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

ha ha ha not funny lol know for real though subwoofers is that better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginuwine
ha ha ha not funny lol know for real though subwoofers is that better
oh, i see.....yes, that's better.

but then the answer would be 'no'. or is it 'know'? i don't no (know)....now I'M confused.....witch is it? or is it 'which is it?'

i think better when i drive, so i'm going to take a ride in my 'camero' and clear my thoughts......LOL
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 03:22 PM

Apparently someone on Cardomain did:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2221706

Mike
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 05:04 PM

That'd be me :-D

They are killer man... 2 12"s are all i need
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 09:02 PM

working on it, i work on my system very sparadically and have been driving around bassless for a couple weeks, while having subs and an amp at my house.....but i have had a few diffrent setups in there before, but the trunk is the hands down worst part of this car, biggest box i got in there was like 3.5 cubes before displacement for 1 12".
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller0526
working on it, i work on my system very sparadically and have been driving around bassless for a couple weeks, while having subs and an amp at my house.....but i have had a few diffrent setups in there before, but the trunk is the hands down worst part of this car, biggest box i got in there was like 3.5 cubes before displacement for 1 12".
what was GM thinking when they designed this car? of course the 'smart' thing to do would have been to design a GIGANTIC STEREO and then build a car around IT!! after all, isn't that the main purpose of the Automobile......."to listen to music"?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6Action
what was GM thinking when they designed this car? of course the 'smart' thing to do would have been to design a GIGANTIC STEREO and then build a car around IT!! after all, isn't that the main purpose of the Automobile......."to listen to music"?
I think you're in the wrong section to be making comments like that.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 08:12 AM

I finally got my system in. Its sweet. I found the best thing to do is custom build your box/boxes. i have two infinity kappa perfect 12s which like a cubic foot sealed enclose. So i made two boxes to fit the car. they have some sweet angles on them but i still have a trunk. Tonight ill try and get some pictures up and post the specs.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrunner_pei
I think you're in the wrong section to be making comments like that.
do you have a specific 'section' for stupid comments? if so, please point me in the right direction......
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6Action
do you have a specific 'section' for stupid comments? if so, please point me in the right direction......
Now you're just being silly.

All I meant, is that your comment would be like someone going into the 'Powertrain Modifications' section, commenting on how one should not try to make their car faster because they aren't allowed to go faster than the speed limit anyway.

Some people are really into car audio. Just because it isn't your 'cup-o-tea' doesn't mean you should discourage others, that's all.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 08:39 PM

I put 2 Rockford Fosgate T2 Power series subs in with a custom box and a Power series 1500Watt 4 channel Rockford Amp flush mounted behind the back seat so when you pull'm down all you see (stretched all the way across the opening) is the enormous amp. I have a Kenwood 25th anniversary edition deck on the way and I'm replacing all of the factory speakers with Power series rockford speakers. I am having a couple of issues though like... 1 I have the G6 GT and its supposed to come with the 8 speaker system and I can only locate 6 of them. 2 I know that the rear speakers are 6X9s but I don't know the sizes of the front door speakers and sizes of the 2 speakers that I can't seem to locate. I'll post up pictures when i'm finished so you guys can check it out.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteG6GT
I put 2 Rockford Fosgate T2 Power series subs in with a custom box and a Power series 1500Watt 4 channel Rockford Amp flush mounted behind the back seat so when you pull'm down all you see (stretched all the way across the opening) is the enormous amp. I have a Kenwood 25th anniversary edition deck on the way and I'm replacing all of the factory speakers with Power series rockford speakers. I am having a couple of issues though like... 1 I have the G6 GT and its supposed to come with the 8 speaker system and I can only locate 6 of them. 2 I know that the rear speakers are 6X9s but I don't know the sizes of the front door speakers and sizes of the 2 speakers that I can't seem to locate. I'll post up pictures when i'm finished so you guys can check it out.
my fronts will hold 6-1/2" or 6-3/4"
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 06:18 AM

I run 1300 watts rms to a RE XXX 12 inch sub, and have full dynamat in the trunk, also, dynamat in various places throughout the interior (i.e. overhead map lights).. The sub weighs about 60 pounds, had to make a custom box with extra supports inside, it kept breaking out of the original box.. also, for those looking to dynamat the trunk, at mid levels you can't hear rattle, but when you max it out.. you get a generous amount of rattle back..

Last edited by thunkele; 03-18-2006 at 06:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in