Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Help going dual exhaust

10K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  KingJ11 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. The next upgrade I want to do on my g6 are dual exhaust pipes. I won't be able to do it until summer again (in college right now too busy) but I've been doing my research now and I just have a few questions to clarify things and increase my knowledge. The first question is, what are all the things I need? From what I've gathered, I need a muffler, valence, and I want a glasspack to replace the resonator. Am I missing anything? If your answer to that question is no, then it brings up my next question.. I looked online and single in and dual outlet mufflers look like they would create two exhaust tips on one side of your bumper, instead of one exhaust tip on each side(hope you understand what I'm saying).. Is that true or am I looking at the wrong thing? While I'm at it can someone recommend some mufflers? And don't put me down too much I've never been taught about cars and how to work on them. I've been trying to learn myself through research and using my first car as a learning experience so when I get a sports car I can really do some performance work. Thanks for any and all help! Also what cost range am I looking at to do this?

#3 ·
Your question was perfect. I personally like Magnaflow products and i will give you a few links here. http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=12032 this would work perfectly in a g6 with the way the current muffler is mounted in there. And for the glasspack as a resonator that would not be difficult. Just measure the resonator and find a glass pack that is the same size. Find a muffler shop around you that would put all this on for you. When i replaced my stock muffler with a cherry bomb glasspack, a shop charged me $60 to do the replacement. It sounded okay but not nearly what i was looking for. you could also do something like this if you want it a little bit louder, http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=12375

hope that all that info helps!

#4 ·
Wiz... you're the man! Should have known my fellow North Carolinian would help me out haha. Thanks I really appreciate it. And when you say you replaced your muffler with the glass pack do you mean the actual muffler or the resonator?? Was the sound too quiet for you or the sound itself wasn't clean? Btw your car looks nice in your signature I'm bout to check out your progression thread!

#5 ·
the actual muffler was replaced with a 12" cherrybomb glasspack. i dont have any pics anymore though :/. It wasn't loud enough for me so i decided to recruit a buddy of mine with a welder to help go custom. I cut off everything after the cat and then pieced together this one.

#7 ·
2.5" to 2.5" on the flowthrough (to replace resonator)....dont go over 4" in circumference or you will have clearance issues. I know....I originally bought a 6"....BANG BANG BANG over every bump.

Single in dual out on thw back muffler.

Get the GTP dual out back valance - that way you got room for both tips.
They run about $80 last I saw. Need the part number?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.