Pontiac G6 Forum banner

2010 Camaro RS or G6?

10K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  THE_Adam_V 
#1 ·
By the time the Camaro comes out I should have enough money for either one. Which one would any of you rather have? I'd be getting the v6 by the way not the v8.

#5 ·
i agree. Being in a house with two V8 F-bodies, I would not even imagine wanting to spend 25-40k on a V6 Camaro, when you could just spend 4k more for the real car option. If you owned a car like the Camaro wouldn't you want it to be impressive? it would be like spray painting your cat with stripes, because you want a tiger. Or buying a pleather jacket because you can't afford real leather. Just my $.02. :)

#10 ·
Actually the v6 that the new camaro is supposed 2 have is going 2 b a pretty stout small block. With the small stroke and high torque it would easily take a g6. With a few well thought out mods 2 the engine it could very well keep up with the v8 camaro in the 8th mile,(oh u gotta know how 2 drive 2) but bc the v8 has a bigger stroke it would have a way higher top speed. I personally would go with a v6 camaro than a v6 g6. And the resale value would b better... thats just my opinion though

#13 ·
Dude theres nothin wrong with having a small engine. If u know what ur doin it could take a big block no problem. Dynamite comes in small packages and nobody is gonna tell its a v6 unless they see it or their a mechanic can tell the difference by sound. I got a 66 mustang and it has a small block v8 in it (289) and I burn almost everybody on the street... U just gotta do it right. And if ur plannin on gettin a coupe g6 then ur not gettin anymore room than ull get in the camaro...

#15 ·
ok i test drove both of them. camaro will will start releasing in feb. ok i drove the v6 on both these cars i have the 2007 G6 right now. But the camaro being a v6 has 300 hp and gets 28 miles to the gallon there going to be running bout 25-30 thousand. depending on what you want me myself im getting the camaro i love the G6 but after driving that car. its badass thats all i can say i will not get rid of my G6 tho its still my baby

#16 ·
trust me i wish that i could afford the V8 of the camaro but for insurance reasons and tickets i dont want to get anymore and that much power just wants you to haul ass lol other than that tho being a v6 and as powerful as it was trust me it will beat the G6. im using this camaro as a weekend car the G6 i got now has all highway miles on it and is used for work and to show off at shows

#19 ·
one of my friends dads owns a dealership and he always gets the cars early and ask me if i wanna test drive/buy and cars that he might of just got and he is one of the first three dealerships to have the camaro already but they will not start being released until feb of next year and i have already set up the loan but im putting 10,000 down and my payments will be 427.77 for two years so im ready i cant wait i only got to test drive that car i still got to wait till feb/march to get that car :(

#21 ·
Ya know, I feel the need to say this. I think if you buy the Camaro w/ the v6 you will spend most of your time trying to get more HP out of it so it will match the v8. For a few more dollars go ahead and get the V8 and be happy. You know its true. If you get the v6 you will feel like a second class Camaro. Don't do that to yourself.
Yes, I'm sure the V6 will be quick and responsive and fun to drive but it won't be the V8 and that will eat at you the whole time you own the car. If you want a badass car buy a badass car and don't settle for less.

:)I understand if you want to give me the finger for this comment but I think its true.:)

#22 ·
yes otherwise the insurance is going to be out the roof

#26 ·
well the v6 will only make my insurance go up 400 but the v8 they said will make it go up 900 so which one would you choose lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.