ISSUES with dealer and the warranty work I had done ( WHEEL ALMOST FELL OFF TODAY ) - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Da.v3

ISSUES with dealer and the warranty work I had done ( WHEEL ALMOST FELL OFF TODAY )

Im just going to copy and paste exactly what I wrote on their facebook page because im too pissed off to type it in a different wording!

Their facebook page is for an auto park that has like 10-15 dealerships in it.
__________________________________________________ _________

Had warranty work done on my car on the 23rd ( front end work ). Today my wheel almost fell off. Stared to have loud clunking, shaking, and pulling on the road. Sure enough my drivers side front wheel had 4 out of 5 nuts loose enough to be turned by finger. First time in my life I have ever had an issue with a wheel like that, coincidence with the warranty work, I think not. Could this have caused other issues? Im only doubting the quality of all the other work they did more so now. Luckily Im taking it in tomorrow because they " didnt have time " to plug in a new horn, even though they had the front end opened up. ( I guess that additional 5 min would have caused major issues...now I get the privileged of driving across the city again )

Not to mention the previous issues I had prior to getting the work done, including false information about what it covered at the time of sale, the fact it doesnt cover all work ( I had to pay for an alignment, even though the reason for needing the alignment is the fact I was getting warranty work done on the front end!). AND the shuttle was over an hour and a half late picking me up. Im not one to make a big deal...but the whole wheel almost falling off pushed me over the edge.

Im going to end my rant here as Im just steaming.

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Lifetime Member

"Dealerships" a place where bad machanics hold a 40hr a week job.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...LcnPgAe4pbjYCQ

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 01:44 PM

Sorry to hear of your problems at the dealership. Don't think it will make you feel any better, but this is a more common problem than you might think. It is not a dealership issue, but a GENERAL MECHANICS' issue more than anything else. No matter where you take your car or where you reside, all wheel work is 'supposed' to end with a torque wrench and a briefing from whoever hands you back your keys that you should either a)bring back your vehicle after 50 miles of driving to have all lugs checked, or b) check the lugs yourself after that 50 mile interval.

Now the 50 mile interval may vary by a few miles more or less depending on the shop, but it is used as a median number by mechanics worldwide. Truth be told though, how many times does anyone really ever see a mechanic check there 'lug work' with a torque wrench as they are supposed to do? More times than not, they just rely on the impact gun to finish spinning and call the job completed.

Hopefully no damage or harm came to you, your passengers, or your car because of this happening. It is something that happens all too often and should not!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in