2009.5 G6? Anybody know what that's about? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

2009.5 G6? Anybody know what that's about?

I'm thinking about selling my 09 GXP Sedan and when I went to KBB to get a value estimate they had a 2009.5 designation as a separate option. It carries a value difference of only a few hundred dollars so I'm mainly curious about the changes that were made to cause it to have its own classification. Does anybody know what qualifies a car for that and what made the car different than a regular 2009? My car carries a 02/2009 build date so would it be safe to assume it would be a 2009.5 since February is fairly late in the build cycle? I have the two-tone gray/black interior and I haven't been able to pin down if that was a special option or if perhaps that's part of the 2009.5 group (I bought the car used).

And since I'm on the topic, anyone have any idea what the going real-life rate for a 2009 GXP Sedan is these days? Mine is white with the large chromies, 2 tone interior w/auto AC/heat controls, 39k miles, and in excellent condition (non-roof leaker and non-Street edition). KBB puts it at $18-19k but I know that's not a real life assessment so is $16-17k a more acceptable starting point? I hate to sell it as it is a fun car to drive but I still haven't found a job and the car is paid for so it's hard to justify having it sit in the garage when I could certainly use the extra money.

Thanks for all the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 11:58 AM

half way thru 2009 they changed the design abit ( front/rear bumper) if your bumper is difrent then 2005/2009 gxp you have a 2009.5

BTW. if you really like your car don't sell it unless you absolutley have no choice, cuz your gonna regret this.

5% tint, red brake calipers, rear parking sensors,LED licens plate light, LED reverse lights.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 11:59 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
I dont think they did GXP's in 09.5

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscuracao View Post
half way thru 2009 they changed the design abit ( front/rear bumper) if your bumper is difrent then 2005/2009 gxp you have a 2009.5

BTW. if you really like your car don't sell it unless you absolutley have no choice, cuz your gonna regret this.
I'll have to check into the bumper thing. I know my front grille kidneys are longer than the pre-09s but I thought that was on all 09s.

As for regrets, thanks but I'm a Ford Mustang guy (I've owned 13) and half the money from the sale is going in the bank and the other half is buying a Mustang so there won't be any regrets. I'm very familiar with selling something only to regret it later though as I do regret selling my 2004 Mustang Mach 1 and no offense to my Pontiac half-brothers but that car could kick my GXP's butt up and down the street lol.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Professional geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpony04 View Post
I'm thinking about selling my 09 GXP Sedan and when I went to KBB to get a value estimate they had a 2009.5 designation as a separate option. It carries a value difference of only a few hundred dollars so I'm mainly curious about the changes that were made to cause it to have its own classification. Does anybody know what qualifies a car for that and what made the car different than a regular 2009? My car carries a 02/2009 build date so would it be safe to assume it would be a 2009.5 since February is fairly late in the build cycle? I have the two-tone gray/black interior and I haven't been able to pin down if that was a special option or if perhaps that's part of the 2009.5 group (I bought the car used).

And since I'm on the topic, anyone have any idea what the going real-life rate for a 2009 GXP Sedan is these days? Mine is white with the large chromies, 2 tone interior w/auto AC/heat controls, 39k miles, and in excellent condition (non-roof leaker and non-Street edition). KBB puts it at $18-19k but I know that's not a real life assessment so is $16-17k a more acceptable starting point? I hate to sell it as it is a fun car to drive but I still haven't found a job and the car is paid for so it's hard to justify having it sit in the garage when I could certainly use the extra money.

Thanks for all the help!
Is your Driver's Information Center in the radio, or on the speedometer?
Speedometer = 2009.5
Radio = Every other year.

~ MattInSoCal
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattInSoCal View Post
Is your Driver's Information Center in the radio, or on the speedometer?
Speedometer = 2009.5
Radio = Every other year.

~ MattInSoCal
In the speedometer! So I guess I have the 09.5. I'm guessing the fact that I have the direct MP3/headphone jack on the front of the radio probably makes it different too. Thanks!

Anybody have any thoughts on how much I should ask for my GXP? I want to price it right without coming across as a greedy jack-asz when I put it on Craigslist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in