Pontiac G6 Forum banner

WOW the 'other site' blows..

4K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  S8ER99 
#1 ·
After running into some guy on an ego trip I decided to do a little searching.. multiple locked threads (that he contributed to) as well as other pointless arguments... I cant believe the attitudes some people have...

I logged out for the last time and I will remain posting on here. I would rather pay a visit to someone in person than argue on the internet about pointless crap. :mad: /Rant off...

#2 ·
S8ER99 said:
After running into some guy on an ego trip I decided to do a little searching.. multiple locked threads (that he contributed to) as well as other pointless arguments... I cant believe the attitudes some people have...

I logged out for the last time and I will remain posting on here. I would rather pay a visit to someone in person than argue on the internet about pointless crap. :mad: /Rant off...
Sorry you feel that way about the 'other site'. When you make a statement, people will have opinions. :cool:

#7 ·
sunrunner_pei said:
All it takes is a few bad apples to ruin a site for someone. Don't let one or two people bring you down. It can happen on any site. :) While we appreciate your support, and you're entitled to your opinion, we don't want to start bad-mouting other sites here.

BTW, Hi Keith!!!
How are things with you? The problem with the 'other site' appears to be with some of the newer members. As the average age becomes younger, there tends to be more stupid comments made. This does not apply to all, but just a few younger troublemakers. ;)

#8 ·
Well I know my comment was probably considered blasphemy to some on there.. but it was not completely unfounded. Just wasnt worth explaining (obviously a waste of time) and I mistakenly chose the wrong way to back my 'own personal choice' up.

I guess I could say 'My bad'.

#9 ·
S8ER99 said:
Well I know my comment was probably considered blasphemy to some on there.. but it was not completely unfounded. Just wasnt worth explaining (obviously a waste of time) and I mistakenly chose the wrong way to back my 'own personal choice' up.

I guess I could say 'My bad'.
;)

#12 ·
SCGA1 said:
How are things with you? The problem with the 'other site' appears to be with some of the newer members. As the average age becomes younger, there tends to be more stupid comments made. This does not apply to all, but just a few younger troublemakers. ;)
How right you are! (I hope my statement doesn't offend anyone as it was not intended that way but instead, I simply agreed with what is unfortunately becoming more and more common :()

#13 ·
Well it seems to be very true..this board it seems has a better older to younger people ratio than the other sites I have visited (and not just the 'one' I had a recent incident on)

The fbody boards avg age is right around 30 (if not mid 30s) while it seems other boards are hovering around 18~19...even early 20s. These two groups are vastly different. I am well known to hang out with 40 year olds over people my age. ;) I cant handle narrowminded viewpoints and elitest. Just seems the majority of older people have gotten past that point in life. :)

#16 ·
Old Guy said:
And don't forget.....you owe me a ride buddy!! We were dissapointed you didn't make it last year. :(
Ok. Last year was a bad year for my car. The tranny dies before the gathering. This year, a new motor was installed. A very costly year or so. :(

#17 ·
SCGA1 said:
Ok. Last year was a bad year for my car. The tranny dies before the gathering. This year, a new motor was installed. A very costly year or so. :(
Hope you new motor holds up better than the motor install I did over the summer. :( You have a lot of dough riding on the line Im sure.

#18 ·
S8ER99 said:
Hope you new motor holds up better than the motor install I did over the summer. :( You have a lot of dough riding on the line Im sure.
The motor I have was brand new from GM. I saw the motor in the crate when it arrived. It was 'Made In Mexico'. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.