2006 G6 Gt. Good deal or bad?? thoughts? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Question 2006 G6 Gt. Good deal or bad?? thoughts?

How's it going everyone had a few questions about a G6 i wanted to buy bit i wanted some facts/thoughts on it before i buy.

Well it is a 2006 G6 Gt couple. It is automatic, 3.5 liter, and has roughly 39,000 miles. It is being sold for 12,8 BUT I am confident i can talk them down. Oh is has had 2 owners :/

Anyways, wanted to know roughly how many MPG does it get? Realistically of course. I am a student and will use whatever vehicle i drive quite a lot going to school, work, etc. Also, is there any common problems, if any, that i should know about?

Well i can't think of anything else, but if you do dont hesitate to write it.

THanks! And i hope to be a TRUE G6 member haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 09:52 PM
beeeeeeefy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdurden View Post
How's it going everyone had a few questions about a G6 i wanted to buy bit i wanted some facts/thoughts on it before i buy.

Well it is a 2006 G6 Gt couple. It is automatic, 3.5 liter, and has roughly 39,000 miles. It is being sold for 12,8 BUT I am confident i can talk them down. Oh is has had 2 owners :/

Anyways, wanted to know roughly how many MPG does it get? Realistically of course. I am a student and will use whatever vehicle i drive quite a lot going to school, work, etc. Also, is there any common problems, if any, that i should know about?

Well i can't think of anything else, but if you do dont hesitate to write it.

THanks! And i hope to be a TRUE G6 member haha
39,000 for 12,8 could be talked down a little but idk what your specs on... leather seats? all those goodies.. but dont sound like a bad price.. i got mine last november with 23,000 for 14k w/ taxes included.

gas mileage for the gt... is 18-21 city and 26-30's... there is obviously c.a.i's that will improve that even more and make the car sound better.

i havent had any problems with my 6 besides knocking in the steering, and that was taken care of the 1st week i had the car, but has come back... ive heard this is a common thing for these.. they are fun and have decent "get up n go"

WELCOME! and congrats on hopefully owning your 1st 6!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
Paid for my 06 G6 GT for 12k back in 2008 with 60k on the odometer. It hasn't given me a single problem yet. Made me regret paying for a 3rd party maintenance warranty lol

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Well i know i can talk them down (and will!).IT comes with leather seats, a sunroof (which i dont really need), and some other stuff i know i am probably forgetting.

There is really only 2 things that concern me

1. That the car had 2 owners already and barley had 39,000 miles O.o

How much did that 3rd part warranty cost??

2. the amount of gas that it will use. I drive up 23 miles to school round-trip a day m-f and that's not including if i have to go to the library, performances, sports games, etc. I guess i got spoiled by my lancer which gave me 27mpg hahaha
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
I paid $1,700 for a 36,000 warranty from AUL that covered everything. My car is now at 97k miles with no problems. I could renew it, but probably won't.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 10:12 AM
beeeeeeefy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdurden View Post
Well i know i can talk them down (and will!).IT comes with leather seats, a sunroof (which i dont really need), and some other stuff i know i am probably forgetting.

There is really only 2 things that concern me

1. That the car had 2 owners already and barley had 39,000 miles O.o

How much did that 3rd part warranty cost??

2. the amount of gas that it will use. I drive up 23 miles to school round-trip a day m-f and that's not including if i have to go to the library, performances, sports games, etc. I guess i got spoiled by my lancer which gave me 27mpg hahaha
yea the sunroof is standard for GT's.. the 2 owners doesnt mean anything, it could be that they didnt want the vehicle anymore, because they couldnt afford it or something like that, ask for a car fax man... they have to give you one....

gas is a hit your going to have to take if you upgrade to this.. not much you can do about it besides adding some things that will improve the mileage.. but if you are doing highway driving we dont do bad at all on highway..

Last edited by penelopeTHEg6; 07-26-2011 at 10:14 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 08:53 AM

I just got an 06 GT coupe with 35,000 on it not too long ago and it's been great. I average 26mpg, though that's mostly highway driving. I can't tell you about price as I did a straight trade for my last car. I also wouldn't worry about the number of previous owners. A single owner could just as easily do major damage to the car as multiple could. Good luck!

Left a 421RWHP 2004 GTO, but honestly loving the G6 GT coupe!

Past Pontiacs
87' white Firebird(sold)
01' green Grand Am SE2(traded for the 03')
03' orange Grand Am SC/T(totaled)
04' blue GTO(traded for the G6)

Current Pontiacs
00' tan Montana(I swear, its the wife's)
06' black G6 GT Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in