Hands-Free Phone Operation Standard in 2008? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Hands-Free Phone Operation Standard in 2008?

I have read several reviews and spec sheets online, all stating that in the 2008 model year ALL Pontiac G6 trim levels have bluetooth/hands-free operation for a phone.

But, when talking with G6 owners and dealers who I might buy a G6 from, no one knows anything about hands-free phone operation. They think I am crazy.

I also don't see any reference to phone operation in the 2008 owner's manual pdf online.

I don't use my phone in my car while I drive, but it would fun to use when needed, so this is more of a curiosity question from a tech-geek. But, can anyone here set me straight?

Or, are the spec sheets just mis-stating that it's the OnStar part that is hands free (which, duh, of course it would be), since the spec sheets state that the hands-free phone operation utilizes the OnStar antenna for better clarity.

Thanks, all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Professional geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowDriver52 View Post
I have read several reviews and spec sheets online, all stating that in the 2008 model year ALL Pontiac G6 trim levels have bluetooth/hands-free operation for a phone.

But, when talking with G6 owners and dealers who I might buy a G6 from, no one knows anything about hands-free phone operation. They think I am crazy.

I also don't see any reference to phone operation in the 2008 owner's manual pdf online.

I don't use my phone in my car while I drive, but it would fun to use when needed, so this is more of a curiosity question from a tech-geek. But, can anyone here set me straight?

Or, are the spec sheets just mis-stating that it's the OnStar part that is hands free (which, duh, of course it would be), since the spec sheets state that the hands-free phone operation utilizes the OnStar antenna for better clarity.

Thanks, all!
There is no Bluetooth available, even as an option, until you get to the 2009.5 model (though one of the guys that posts here sells a replacement module with BT he says will work). The hands-free phone reference is to OnStar. It's a prepaid phone plan, and damned expensive for what it is.

~ MattInSoCal
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, that all makes sense once it is spelled out like that. I usually don't fall for marketing ploys, but it interested me when I was reading the literature about it. Since my wife has an AURA with the same features for that year, your reply actually answered my question regarding both cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in