Please Help: Buying My First Car - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Please Help: Buying My First Car

Hey there everyone,
My name is Tony and Im from Saint Paul Minnesota, and Im currently considering buying my first car. Ive been driving a 1996 Ford Taurus that was given to me by my family and its on its last legs. I found a used 2007 G6 coupe with a 3.5 V6 with Automatic transmission and appx 83k miles on Carsoup and I fell in love with it. Its the perfect balance between practical and awesome and I would be planning on driving it year round (so its gonna be seeing some winter action). However, Im deeply concerned over the so called 'common problems' that Ive been reading on various review sites like edmunds and carcomplaints. The price its listed for is about $11k and thats already fairly out of my budget so if the steering crapped out or the transmission failed or even the moon roof leaked I think I would be hard pressed to find money for the repairs. I dont plan on supeing it up like many of you guys have (although that leads me to believe that this car, if taken care of properly, can be last a long time), I simply need a vehicle that I would enjoy driving and is also dependable. Any advice or opinions or any words you guys could give me would leave me eternally grateful.

Thank you all for your time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 12:30 PM

I have an 08 with 50k and haven't run into any issues. Knock on wood. Love the car very dependable and fun to drive

Jocelyn

The "Upgrades"
Alienationz Eyelids: LEDs in the map, dome, trunk, and license plate: Racingline STB bar: 5% window tint all around and a windshield brow

The To-Do List
6000k HIDS: EE Halos: Tinted Tails: Exhaust: Rims: CAI: New Headunit: Lowering: Color Change
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 01:01 PM

Garage
seems kinda pricey...i bet you can find a better deal with less miles out there. otherwise i love my 6, about to pass 80k and its an 06 no major problems yet. if you're handy with a wrench and instructions, this site will do you real good.

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 01:14 PM

yeah, idk if i would pay 11k, i paid 8500 for my 06 gtp with all the options, with 67k but they are good cars, all kinds of cars have all kinds of problems, the only difference is some people do something about it some people drive them till the wheels fall off.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 05:12 AM

I only paid $10,800 for my 2010 G6, only a V4 but it's enough power for what I need it for (college/work).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in