There's No such Thing As A Stupid Question ... - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Question There's No such Thing As A Stupid Question ...

I need floor mats, any suggestions? I feel this is an odd question but I've been shopping around online and the floor mats I've found seem really expensive and I would hate to get them home and have them be [email protected]

Also, I have the sedan. It has four switches that roll the windows up and down. Why in god's name is only one "Auto" (and only auto down at that)?!? This just seems asinine to me. How can I make them all roll up and down automatically?

A couple years ago when Ford owned Jaguar my old man had one and you could open the whole car up, sunroof and all four windows, with the push of one button. I always thought that was so cool. I realize we can't do that on the G6 but there has to be a way to make each button "Auto".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 05:00 PM

If you go to Sams Club in the tire department, they have all weather floor mats. I think their $15. I bought them 2 weeks ago and i like them. It started snowing here in Chicago yesterday and all the water and ice stays inside the mat. You can also cut these outlines around the mat to have the fit nicely around and tucked in well. I have the sedan as well. And i wouldn't know about making all the windows roll down automatically....Maybe wiring it the the harness with the one auto button may work or splicing it to that one switch may work, its just a suggestion i never done it lol.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 11:21 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

For your window question there is a way you can do it. I would say add a new switch, one push or slide or whatever and all four windows will roll down automatically. Or have the switch be a master, so when it was activated you can just hit the passenger side window and control all four windows, including auto down. haha.

You can actually do anything you want with the windows, just a matter of finding a wiring diagram or what wire is what and figuring out how to make it work, using relays and such.

As for the floor mats I've seen G6 specific ones online for under $100. ebay is pretty good too. or you can check a dealer. or really almost any store that sells automotive stuff, walmart. autozone, pepboys, i've seen floor mats at all of those places
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
Someone else was wondering about the automatic window down function for all the windows, but I think they ditched it because it was too troublesome. I'm sure something like that would be controlled by the BCM.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 04:42 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

It most likely is controlled by the bcm. like everything else. I would rig up some wiring in with the drivers window switch, So the bcm would think it's controlling one window, and instead all 4 are moving.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 04:43 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

well now that i think about it, it could be something within the door. because i can hear a click from the door when i hit the auto down feature, and the click again after the window has gone down all the way...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

There is a feature on the button (that snaps) when it is fully depressed to allow for auto down. There is no auto up for safety reasons. GM doesnt want some kid to tap the button and the window closes by itself and captures whatever body part is in the way
(kid choking to death).

The 4 window switch is one switch. Back in 2005 & 2006 I thought about getting the drivers auto button from the junkyard (multiples) and put them where the other switches are but alas no.... We are doomed to how it was designed without major fab work. No plug and play on the auto switch. If you pull your switch you will see what Im talking about.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in