Is there a way to adjust your moonroof? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Is there a way to adjust your moonroof?

I noticed while driving down the freeway today that if the windows are down and i push it over 65 my moonroof starts flapping up and down. Once i got stopped i checked it out and its like the moonroof is 1/8th inch lower than it should be.
I was thinking there has to be a way to adjust it. Or barring that do you guys think it would be ok to maybe glue some little foam foot pads on there to make up the difference in clearance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 09:26 PM

Best bet would be to take it to the dealer and have them adjust it if it can be adjusted. I would not place the little dots in there for they may come loose and jam up your track and then you are really going to be in bigger trouble than just to have taken it to the dealer to start with. With a sunroof, you don't want to play around since it is what stands between you and your car getting soaked should it start leaking badly.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

So i took it to the dealer. They say there is no way to adjust it and the entire track assembly needs to be replaced for it to work right. cost. $1488.00 + tax.
So i think i'll try gluing some little foam booties on there since it'll cost 1500 bucks more or less no matter what.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 05:00 AM

Holy crap

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 04:07 AM
beeeeeeefy

Garage
yea the sunroof is no joke.... there are some who the PANO roof... that was probably the worst thing pontiac could have done because it really didnt really perform all to well... knock on wood those who haven't had issues.. lots of money to be spent to repair a sunroof.

if something does end up trashing on you, you could always just have body shop put in a piece of glass to fill the hole... wont be useable but cheaper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in