Base or GT ? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Base or GT ?

Hi guys I Recently bought a used G6 and i was thinking about buying a set of aftermarket tail lights from ebay but im not sure if my G6 is a base or GT model I know its a 3.5 v6 4 door with 16' wheels !! any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Legend

Garage
The taillights are the same regardless of model. The only difference in taillights is between the coupe and sedan. Idk if you can find taillights on eBay or not but I've only ever been able to find them for the sedan on Amazon.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

J DOG

MODS
35% windshield, 10% all the way around, 20" Forte F55 Banshee's, custom painted interior, HVAC replace blue LEDS, PYLE double din dvd player, custom trunk with 2 12" Memphis-street edge subs, back up camera, blue LEDs under dash and dome, 2 blue strobe strips in trunk, tinted tails, blue LED reverse lights, debadged, front badge overlay, eyelids, 6000k lows/fogs, added oem projector fogs, third brake light overlay , shift boot added, blacked out grille, blue leds in grille, Canuck springs, BMD endlinks, res delete, R1 D/S rotors, blue calipers

Progression
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10929
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks !! i'd still like to know how to tell if its a base or GT if anybody knows how i can tell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Legend

Garage
If its a gt it should say gt on the trunk.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

J DOG

MODS
35% windshield, 10% all the way around, 20" Forte F55 Banshee's, custom painted interior, HVAC replace blue LEDS, PYLE double din dvd player, custom trunk with 2 12" Memphis-street edge subs, back up camera, blue LEDs under dash and dome, 2 blue strobe strips in trunk, tinted tails, blue LED reverse lights, debadged, front badge overlay, eyelids, 6000k lows/fogs, added oem projector fogs, third brake light overlay , shift boot added, blacked out grille, blue leds in grille, Canuck springs, BMD endlinks, res delete, R1 D/S rotors, blue calipers

Progression
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10929
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Autobot Mechanic Lycan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP74 View Post
Hi guys I Recently bought a used G6 and i was thinking about buying a set of aftermarket tail lights from ebay but im not sure if my G6 is a base or GT model I know its a 3.5 v6 4 door with 16' wheels !! any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks
from this description i think it would be safe to say that you have the 5 spoke alloy wheels and a spoiler. and on the back it says v6 where it would say gt, gtp, or gxp?? if this is true you have the base (or SE) model with the "Sports package". this package comes with alloy wheels instead of hubcaps, a spoiler, and a v6 to spruce up the car a bit and give it some uhmph. if you have a sunroof, then you are also equiped with the sun and sound package which comes with a sweet audio system as well. hope this helps.

oh and if it was a gt, you wold have things like 6 disc CD changer, Heated cloth/leather, chrome wheels..... ect. the sign of a gtp is daul exaust, and overhead camshaft in the engine, a 3.9 liter engine and leather. i know youd know a gxp if you saw one.

Last edited by Wheeljack; 07-11-2012 at 08:26 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Wheeljack ! !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in