which car to buy - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

which car to buy

Hey guys i'm currently looking at buying two different g6's. so i figured i would come here for the experts opinions.
car 1) black 06 g6 gtp 6sp man 50000k miles salvaged title coming from a lot 100% fixed for 9000$ plus tax and titling
car 2)2008 g6 gxp white sun and fun kit on it or whatever package has the whale tail hood vents remote starter. this is is a front end crash and has 70000 miles on it. the car is coming from south dakota and i live in mn so there is a chance when i switch title to mn it comes back clean. the car is still damaged in the front so if i redid the car myself i could get Eagle eye head lights and all the little extras. prob be out of a car for another 3 weeks but might be worth it. i can buy this car for 4350. and get a entire front end if needed for 2000. plus 1000 for frame straightening and painting.

what do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 01:22 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Personally I'd say option 1. Its already fixed, has less miles and its stick. Where was the damage on that one? Front end damage is harsh and the car will often never be right again.

But then again. You save some money on the gxp but you're without a car and it needs lotsa work.

Last edited by CruisinG6; 10-22-2012 at 01:26 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

i agree that is where the trade off lies. i mean i would love to have one of the rare 6sp man transmissions. i wish it was a 07 so then it would be pretty much the same as the 08 gxp from what i understand.
http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/cto/3294358883.html this is my third option. custom rims and remote starter really the only difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 03:27 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Rims and remote start can always be added. I think WAMS can tune your BCM to add factory remote start, you'd then need a new remote and have that programmed. Or just install a separate unit.

I'm all about the 6spd. But a GXP can be nice too. I'm still leaning towards the 6spd... but that's just my opinion. Hopefully more people will chime in.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 08:19 PM

I would personally go with the first option. I would do anything to have that 6spd. And you wouldn't have any work to do. Just your mods to make it yours

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

option 1 is out i decided that i can get the gxp done for alot less and already have the after market headlights with hids installed hence saving more money over option one. and since i'm going to have to get a after market hood, because getting a used one is impossible unless i wanted one with out the scoops i will most likely be getting the one off of ebay to add even alittle more style. if you guys have ANY suggestions on which headlight/hid/after market hood/bumper cover/or grills to go with please chime in !~
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 07:39 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Well at least you know what you want. Eagle eyes are the best ones to get for headlights, the spyders are garbage. But you probably knew that. DDMTuning sells quality HID kits, many users on here would agree with me on that. As for GXP bumper components, ask P Magic. Or check out his thread. He did a complete GXP bumper replacement on his car. Looks good too, there's a thread somewhere where he listed all the parts he needed and such.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

I totally agree about ddm they are the best on the market. Next question where to get eagle eyes there is alot of options on ebay... Actually to many. And links are always appreciated
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 07:15 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Are you looking for black EE or chrome?

I just took a gander, and there are quite a few on ebay (also the best price I could find) I'm running the stock lights as I'm not a huge fan of the EE. I've heard some sellers seem to have better quality lights, as far as sealing goes and such. But I'm really not sure, do some searching in the forum on the Eagle Eyes. I'm sure you'll find some good info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in