some pre-convertible purchase questions - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

some pre-convertible purchase questions

BLUETOOTH?

1. When did Bluetooth become available? I've only seen it on 2009.5 models. Was it around before that?

2. What's the best way to tell if a car has Bluetooth? (Preferably from pictures, since most of my shopping is on the net.)

BLUE 2009.5?

1. I want a late-model example and I like blue. I've been shopping for a blue 2009.5 drop-top, but I haven't been able to locate even one (in a couple of years). What I'd like to know--has anybody ever seen one at all? Or did that color not last to the end of convertible production? I don't want to waste more time shopping for a car that might not exist.

Many thanks for any info!

Last edited by FutureOwner; 01-24-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 AM

FutureOwner,

Bluetooth became available on Pontiac G6 vehicles in 2009.

You should be able to identify if the vehicle has Bluetooth capability by looking at the steering wheel. The vehicle should have “Push To Talk” and “Phone On Hook” buttons on the steering wheel. The “Push To Talk” button has a picture of a phone and a mouth speaking. The “Phone On Hook” button has a picture of a phone with a slash through it and a arrow pointing down. Please see attached photos for a visual.

I was able to locate three dealers that currently have 2009 G6 convertible vehicles available.

Bill Fox Chevrolet
725 S Rochester Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Phone: (866) 884-4258

Pellegrino Buick GMC
815 N. Black Horse Pike
Williamstown, NJ 08094
Phone: (856) 237-1227

Hamby Automotive
2000 Highway 41 South
Perry, GA, 31069
Sales: (478) 287-4157

I also encourage you to check out http://gmcertified.com for additional available G6 vehicles.

Please keep in mind these vehicles are listed in our database as unsold. You will need to speak to the dealership to confirm if the vehicle is still available.

In addition, all prices provided represent the current Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price and do not include tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional or dealer installed equipment.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Have you checked into GM Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.gm.com!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Many thanks for the info, Louis, and particularly the pictures of the steering wheel icons! I was certainly not expecting support from GM on a prospective used purchase, so I'm quite impressed.

I had looked at the GM certified site before, but not real lately. I am interested in one of the cars you identified and am following up with the dealer.

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 03:21 PM

Good luck that would be a very cool car. I would recommend pairing the phone while testing the vehicle to see if the Bluetooth feature is useful to you. Sometimes it can be more aggravation than its worth. Either way good luck in your search. I remember selling toyotas and certain phones wouldn't do well with the particular Bluetooth radio we had.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 08:24 AM

FutureOwner,

You’re welcome. I wish you the best of luck

If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Have you checked into GM Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.gm.com!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in