Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Fogs lights automatically on when headlights on?

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Interfire 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 2005 G6 GT recently and so far I love it! It's much more powerful than my Grand AM and all my friends love the remote start, anyway, I'm wondering if there is a way to make the fog lights always turn on when the head lights automatically come on? In my Grand Am the fog lights were on a switch and I'd always leave it switched on, but the G6 has a button and I always have to turn on the fogs manually. It's not a big deal and I'd get used to always turning them on, but if there's some mod I can do that'd be great.

#5 · (Edited)
it can be easily done, just not using the stock switch. since the switch on the dash is a 'momentary' switch you just bypass it. you can quickly and safely wire the fog lights to turn on with the headlights using a relay and some wiring if you know what wires to go after.

i think the headlights and foglights should have negative triggers and i drew that diagram accordingly. of course i have been up all night so someone can feel free to correct me if that drawing doesn't look right.

it's pretty easy though, just give the foglights a new ground, and wire them through the relay. have the relay turn on when the headlights are turned on and everyone is happy :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.