exhaust system problem - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

exhaust system problem

I have a 2007 Convertible G6 that is making the whistling noise on acceleration. I was wondering if the convertible exhaust system is the same as the Hardtopo version. I want to fix my whistling sound by deleting the resonator and replacing it with a magflow system i guess? Any help here would be great. A lot of people recommended deleting the resonator but i believe they had hardtops. Just wanting to make sure both models have the same type of exhaust. I had heard that my convertible model has more bracing underneath than the hardtop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 10:52 AM
Perfessor

Garage
I had that same issue a few years ago. As my 'welding' abilities extend to a 35 watt soldering iron, I took it to a shop (midas) and at first they said it was the muffler. Then after taking that off for replacement (it was the single in/dual out muffler) they found out it was actually the exhaust pipe. They recommended going to a 2 3/8ths inch (i think) pipe, which did clear up that whistling sound. I had them replace the original muffler with 2 performance mufflers.

Sounds better also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in